1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help D:

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Quak, May 24, 2017.

1. Quak

So like in private I wear make up, but I avoid my parents. It's my main way of expressing my gender identity even though I'm in the closet, but like, I need other ways to express my own identity without outing myself? The make up stuff is a fun way for me to look more feminine but like, I don't know D:

Anything else I can do?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could try growing your hair out to something more androgynous. Even if your parents won't let it be long, you can have it styled in more feminine ways.

Also, you could wear discrete women's clothing (e.g. panties or sports bra) under your regular clothes. It wouldn't be noticeable to others but may relieve dysphoria.

I also find that belong around supportive people helps. If any of your friends are supportive, sometimes just spending time with them where you can be yourself lifts the spirits. Aside from that, please like EC are supportive atmospheres. Your school may also have a GSA or other LGBT friendly organization to look into?

3. Lazuri

Nails. Do your nails. You never realize how much time you spend looking at your own hands throughout the day, so it really helps.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To add onto this, if your ''far back in the closet'' you could wear clear and claim it's anti-bite varnish.

5. Julie12345

You could work on your feminine voice and walk. They take practice but will probably give you a sense of freedom and empowerment as you learn to perfect them (at least they did for me and I'm still working on it). They are also something that is easy to turn on and off, so to speak.

6. Julie12345

You could work on your feminine voice and walk. They take practice but will probably give you a sense of freedom and empowerment as you learn to perfect them (at least they did for me and I'm still working on it). They are also something that is easy to turn on and off, so to speak. There are some good resources online and on YouTube on these topics.