1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Buttterfly, May 24, 2017.

1. Buttterfly

So i have been with my boyfriend a very long time, honestly I do believe that I may love him and he I. But doing... Things with him just doesn't feel right. I can't tell him or explain it to him because he's this super christian guy who wouldn't get it, but I wouldn't leave him for the world. Should I just go along with things to make him happy, or should I put a stop to it? I'm not sure what I should do.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you do not want sex, then you have every right to say ''no''. You don't have to do anything just to make another person happy. Perhaps say "I do not want to have sex or any other sexual type acts with you". If he's fine with that, then you'll have a relationship without that, if he's not fine with that then it'll be up to you or him to end the relationship.

3. Zoneingout

This was a long time ago but i once fell in love with a guy who was very homophobic and religious but at the same time he was never a bad person just raised the wrong way.

(Also as a edit on sex don't do anything you feel unhappy about or don't want to do if you're uncomfortable and never feel forced)

You have a couple options you can try and educate him but it probably will end in a fight either way and he may not listen. Or you could go go the best option and leave him because staying would create pain for you and possible damage in your own life.

The last option i personally see is explaining who you are but never speaking about the subject, and that's not a very happy/comfortable place to be to always hide around oen person just because they don't understand or accept you due to their up bringing.

For me and the guy i fell in love with, i left him.
    I still have his contacts i could still speak to him today if i wanted but i never left
    it open enough so he could damage parts of my life. But i'm a strong believer in
    "You can't change everyone's opinions" that won't make them bad it just means sometimes people have to go in different directions.

#3 Zoneingout, May 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
  4. Casey221B

I think you should do what will make you happy, not what will make him happy.

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being nice to others is one thing, but respecting yourself, your boundaries, is another. Sex is a very intimate and personal thing and you're not obligated to have sex with anyone. It's your body.