1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sebby45, May 24, 2017.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently came out as trans to my therapist and a friend. Their reactions were encouraging and I feel safe around them, but...

I can't shake doubts out of my head. What if I am wrong? How would I turn back from what I said? What if I am just confused?

I mean, wouldn't the relief of telling someone mean something?

I just feel so vulnerable and insecure right now. :tears:

Sebby45

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's natural to have doubts. Transitioning can be a scary process and it isn't feasible or something people are always ready for. In your heart you will know what is right for you.

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Kasey. :slight_smile:

4. Zoneingout

I was sitting here trying to figure out the best way possible to put this down into words but to be honest I don't think there's a best way because there's multiple things I could say certain things may help in certain things may no but it's important to note you go to counseling so you can speak to somebody about your feelings and they are trained to listen and understand. they're not going to put you into a situation where you're going to regret everything that's why they're trained so they can help not hurt.

A lot of people come out second times or third times in their lives so even if you were wrong they're just words words there not written in stone and it's not the end of the world you with labels you can always go back and explain it's a easy fix and has been done it wouldn't be the end of everything. (I also came out three times in my life) then finally found who i was and I've been fine sense it created a couple questions but people will always question with or without a answer.

I don't want to make an assumption so I'm going to ask are you planning on transitioning ? because if you are there's more to this I can add that may be helpful to remember and keep in mind.

I don't think a lot of people talk about doubts and I feel the community is missing a part of something that's very important because doubts are a very human thing whether it's about your sexuality your gender or something entirely different we will always doubt and doubts will always linger. It's a misconception to think otherwise but it's normal all the same and many, many people do this. You see you may doubt but doubts have a tendency to "Fade" or become "Less" they stop being such a problem or a brick wall but that can only happen in given time and it's why people say times important.
    And like a good friend of mine had to explain to me when i was wondering the same thing nothing will up and leave in a day.

We are raised to think see and believe or even behave in certain ways
    stereotypes make us doubt upbringing makes us doubt, and all of that is created by society, and that's something that you can overcome and something that eventually will not be as problematic. It sucks because a lot of people don't talk about doubts and i feel it should be a subject more often because you're not alone (&&&) i'm also one of the many people who went to therapy wanting it to vanish, but they didn't vanish. they faded, they subsided and eventually it'll improve even for me so just remember you're not the only one you're not alone when it comes to doubting and doubting is okay.

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You said how you feel. You can't be wrong about it. If you are indeed wrong, which I doubt by the way looking at stuff you post, you are allowed to be not right about something. It's a part of being human. There's nothing wrong with being trans either. Some people just are like that...by the way, if the people you told are cool they won't be pushing you in either direction. And congratulations for finding the courage and coming out!

#5 Mihael, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  6. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I am not planning on transitioning at this time.

Thanks emerry. :slight_smile: Coming out sucks!