1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to someone about my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nike007, May 24, 2017.

1. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So for the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking more and more about "looking" like my gender and being treated like my gender. I can't really put that into different words. But anyways, so I decided that I would tell someone that I'm androgyne. I did so over text. When I told them, they were slightly surprised about it. I explained to them what it was, and what it means to look androgynous. I also explained my pronouns. I know it will be hard for people to remember to use the pronouns I feel suit me best (Niko/Niko's) since most people call other people she, he, or they on occasion. I have not heard someone call another person like this, though this is how I prefer it. But they seemed accepting of it. I explained that I am not ready for people to call me this in public yet, as this is the first person I've come out to, and am not ready to come out to everyone yet. I am a little relief about this though. They told me they support my decision on this and they'll do their best to remember pronouns and my (new) name, Niko. This person before asked me what gender I was a few months ago, but I wasn't ready to come out yet, so I just responded with "let's just say I'm female". They did so in a group, so I wasn't comfortable with it. Maybe if they asked me by myself, things may have went differently, I'm not sure.

Also, I would like to ask (rightly or wrongly so) if I could ship a binder to their house and pick it up. I really don't want my family to know. But I could wait until September before ordering one. I would like to work on my appearance and name as soon as possible though.

Anyways, I'm generally excited about this, and feel quite happy. Hopefully things will continue to go from here on.

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats ! :slight_smile:

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good job having the courage to come out. It is not an easy thing to do. I'm happy for you!

4. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you everyone :slight_smile: . Now that I've come out, I keep thinking on how to transition and people calling me by my name. I don't know if I could tell anyone else though.

5. intrinsecus

Congratulations!