1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as trans at fourteen, help...?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by xJinxedFoolx, Apr 28, 2011.

1. xJinxedFoolx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I finally figured out I'm transgendered. Thinking back I've known since I was around 7.. I cut all of my hair off, I crossed dressed as a boy once, I started playing with boys toys, I wanted a boy bike, I hung out with the guys, I would've preferred to play sports and ride bikes rather then talking about cheerleading and make up.

So, I've known I wasn't a girl, but I didn't know exactly what I was until about a year ago, when I started getting thoughts like, 'I wish I was a boy.' and I freaked out and pushed them out, now I've just started getting to the point I really cant, and I've gotten depressed.

Almost to the point of self harm, I've been resisting as much as possible..

I really cant live as a girl anymore. I'm much happier when I'm dressed as a boy, I am embarrassed while dressed like a girl, I REFUSE to go anywhere without a sweatshirt on. (Covering up my boobs and curves.)

Please help, my mom doesn't even know I'm 'lesbian.' How can I tell her? I know she wouldn't kick me out or anything, she loves me no matter what, I already know. Cause shes told me.

I know she wont accept it right away, but I just need to tell her. But, I cant seem to get the words out.

Any advice?

Anybody that's come out as FTM themselves?

Please help me, I really want her to know so I can really start living my life.

2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Your mother may have some type of a clue that you aren't a straight female if you dress manlier then most women, so she may be a little less surprised then you could imagine. It is good that she said that she loves you no matter what. If she is uncomfortable with the fact that you are FTM, and she still loves you, then you can suggest PFLAG for her.

Also, she may have a lot of questions about everything. The best thing you can do is be straight foreward and honest. She could ask things like, how do you know? or why do you feel that way?

And the last advice I can offer, is tell somebody that you are going to tell your mom before you do so, if you feel comfortable doing so. That way if it doesn't go well, you can go to someone you know personally for support. Even though at EC, we are here to help people, we don't know you personally. I found that it helps to have someone who you personally know to help.