1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do u think im gender queer?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ICTOAUN, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ICTOAUN

what exactly is gender queer?

from my understanding, its where you dont feel like a boy or a girl.. just kinda neutral.. right? i feel like i didnt get the definition right.

also, i wonder if im gender queer. i dont quite know how to explain myself but ill try.

so its like this. basically, i feel like a boy in my head. like im not feminine at all. i played with action figures and bionicals as a kid. loved the typical boy colors and hobbies. i even wanted to BE some males (that i looked up to/thought were cool. like Aladdin, Hercules, my brother) growing up. I have boy mannerisms. i hold doors open for women, and sometimes i even wear boy jeans, stuff like that..

but i know im a girl. im fine with being a girl. im fine with being a lesbian. and at times i actually love it. its not like i want a sex change or anything. im not interested in that at all. i style my hair and put on makeup like girls too.

i kind of feel like.. if i was born as a boy. i would have been better in some way (because i would be accepted). sometimes i look at boys and get jealous. ill see a boy with awesome clothes or impressive muscles and think to myself, "damn i wish i could have that". its so, so, hard to explain. :tantrum:

can anyone help me out? pleaseee

2. coastgirl

Ha, that's funny. I am almost exactly the same! Although sometimes I'd rather be a guy, I'm OK being a girl and I wouldn't want a sex change. When I was little I hated being a girl, played with action figures, bla bla. I don't really wear guy clothes now because I'd be uncomfortable going out like that, but I wear hats, and I definitely dress more sporty / hipster. But I do occasionally like to get dressed up and put on makeup and stuff (although I envy guys and wish I could just dress like them because it would be so much easier and more comfortable. Girls torture themselves with heels and skimpy dresses. I like looking pretty but I think that it's ridiculous what we have to go through!)

And like you, I wonder sometimes what this means.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have been a guy, sometimes I wish I was. But I'm definitely physically a girl so I'm rolling with it.

Obviously all of that might explain my sexuality in some ways. Humans are so complex.

#2 coastgirl, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. ICTOAUN

ya im exactly the same.
    im just confused because i kinda want to be a guy, but id never actually go through with it. and im cool with just being a girl sometimes too. so what are we gender queer or transgender or something?

4. DoriaN

Im pretty much the exact same but on the opposite side of the fence.. I get jealouz of girls... ;_;

5. Azza

Yeh I feel a bit like that except with grils, I'm kind of jealous of them but still I like being a boy too and wouldn't change it... unless I could like be a girl for a week and then be a boy again :lol:

6. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMFG me too! I wish I could wear heals, dresses, and make-up, but I LOVE BEING A GAY MALE! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so itès all messed up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Azza

I know what you mean, I'm also jealous of how many guys they can get :/

8. BlueJae

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Genderqueer is one term. I kinda see it as feeling both genders and neither at the same time. And there are some people that are bigendered, meaning they act both genders at separate times. They have male days and female days and usually two names too. And then there's Androgynous which is similar to genderqueer. It's the middle ground. Not associating with either gender but appearing as a mix of both.

Gender is complicated and people aren't black and white. I don't think you need to worry too much about it. If you're comfortable as you are, then why give yourself a fancy label. You're you. That's all that matters. :slight_smile:

9. coastgirl

I'm just glad I'm not the only one haha.

10. XXReye

Well you've gotta think about gender roles...there is no "one way" to be a girl or a guy. Maybe you take on some traditionally masculine gender roles, and maybe it would've been more acceptable if you were male, but that doesn't mean you can't be that way as a girl or that it is wrong.
    Genderqueer, in my opinion, is an umbrella term for when you differ from set gender norms, but don't fit into another category (transgender, bigender, agender, etc). Or even people who do identify with the other categories can also identify as genderqueer.
    You are a person. You can act however you like and it doesn't automatically make you anything. Whatever you choose to identify as is up to you.

11. Melusine

Maybe you're bigender? I think I might be. Although my boy days are few and far between. Or maybe you're just a girl with a more masculine energy which is fine too. If you're comfortable with your body it is unlikely that you're trans. You're a yin body with a yang energy. Sounds like fun :slight_smile:.

12. xJinxedFoolx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Genderqueer is not fitting into the normal gender binary of male or female. Either both, or neither.
    Its possible you are genderqueer. But its possible you are just a butch female.
    Only you can know 100%. Good luck.

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I consider myself agendered mentally because I like being female, but I act very masculine most of the time. But I've never heard of being bigendered, so I might be that too.

14. IAmHir

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm glad there is a little bit of a genderqueer community here, even if no one has posted since June 2011.
    I just recently embraced my genderqueer-ness after breaking things off with my fiance a few weeks ago. He is a very old-fashioned sort of man, and I tried to be the perfect woman for him, not because he asked me to, but because I loved him. Now that he isn't in my life, I feel more free to experiment with my gender expression. Outside of my relationship with him, I had always been a lesbian. Now, I find myself prefering not to have a gender but still consider myself a lesbian because I am biologically female.
    I had shortened my real name to it's first syllable some time ago, but now I use the shortened name as my 'between' name and have a female name (my legal/birth name) and male name which both start with that syllable. Some days I present as female, and some days I present as male. My best friend is MTF transgendered, and she's mostly the only person I've deeply discussed my gender identity with.

If anyone is looking for a good read on non-binary gender identities, I highly recommend "Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation".
    It will empower you to be who you are inside. :slight_smile:

15. Neutrality

I don't really identify as gender queer, and I'm not even that feminine... sensitive would be a better word for me..but, I really wish I could be a girl sometimes, but I'm also perfectly happy being a guy....it's a weird situation where if I woke up as a girl tomorrow I'd be like.." Ok sweet, I like this." but I don't mind being a guy.

16. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :eek: Wow I thought I was alone, there's a word for it?! :help: