1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took the first step to telling my mom I'm trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by xJinxedFoolx, Aug 3, 2011.

1. xJinxedFoolx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I wouldn't actually call it the first step. Just now I know 99% that she most likely knows. Now, my mom has asked me before, twice, but the first I wasn't sure, and then the second we were fighting and barely talking.
    Anyway, me and my mom had a big argument the other night over a transgender character, and I was getting mad that she kept saying that SHE shouldn't be able to use the mens room. (Its an FTM.)
    So that probably raised her suspicions more. Then, today, I told her I had a weird dream. And I said that it was about me getting my boobs removed. And she said, "I think you're trying to secretly tell me something." I said, "And what would that be?" She just shrugged.
    I said, "I really did have that dream." She said, "I don't doubt you had that dream.. I just think you are trying to secretly tell me something." Then my sister walked in. And I changed the subject.

Should I tell her now? Should I write a her a letter? Or should I just wait for her to again ask me?

What do you guys think?

2. Mogget

Depends on your mother, really. Do you think she'd prefer a letter where she has time to reflect on what you said, or do you think she'll have lots of questions she'll want answered immediately? And if the latter, are you up to answering those questions on-the-spot?