1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letter telling my mom i'm trans.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lucas52, Apr 18, 2012.

1. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

So i need people to correct this on spelling/grammar or anything you think i should add or take away from this cause i'm sending this to my mom on saturday and i'm kind of scared:

Dear Mom,
    (Please do not read this when you are busy with work)
    I just want you to know that I have always love you and will always love you know matter what and I hope you can still love me too after I tell you this. I am not who you think I am. I am not your daughter. I am your son. Let me explain this. I am “transsexual”(slang) or have Harry Benjamin's Syndrome this means that I have a female body but have a brain of a male. Since the brain is the only part of the body that can identify sex I am male even thought I appear female. This may bring up lots of questions so I will try to answer as may as I can and I also have websites that you should look at. I am transsexual and I have been my whole life. This explain lots of events in my life such as being the role of father when we play house in school in 3rd grade and also why I feel much more normal or comfortable in men clothing and hate being in women’s clothing because it feels wrong and like I shouldn’t be wearing it and it also explains why it never felt right for me to be called girl and it actually hurts. You may wonder if I’m transsexual because of how you raised be but that is not the cause because I have been transsexual since birth. You may wonder why doctors haven’t let you know that I have HB Syndrome and that is because current medical technology isn't sophisticated enough to detect it yet. This doesn’t mean I have a mental disorder it is a physical problem. I have known that I am transsexual since last summer so it’s not just something I will grow out of. I am not the only one in fact every 1 in 500 people have HB Syndrome, I also talk to other LGBT people online in a safe LGBT community called Empty Closets that has lots of other people that know how I feel. The reason I am telling you this now is because I feel like you need to know and it was getting more and more stressful for me to pretend to be someone I am not. I hope you can understand.

Your Loving Son,
    Lucas (not anya anymore)

Bibliography:

Sex-changing treatment for kids: It's on the rise - Yahoo! News

Empty Closets - Welcome

2. Young Anonymous

Congratz on the letter!

I've been wanting to take this step for so long, and though I don't know you I am very proud. The only things I would add/remove would be that 1/500 people would seem like a huge stretch to her, and that you might want to add that you've come out to some of your friends and their reactions to it.

Hope that helped, and once again, I am EXTREMELY envious of you. :slight_smile:

~ Michelle

3. BudderMC

I took a quick read-through and gave it some spelling/grammar edits (I'm sure it's not perfect, but I wasn't reading that in-depth). The only thing I'd suggest is leaving EmptyClosets out of it, but that's personal opinion. I think that by listing where it is you go for help, it gives your mom someone to scapegoat your transsexuality(?) on, or may even lead her to come here to see if she can find what you've posted (which, if she has half a brain and is moderately computer savvy, shouldn't be too difficult).

Otherwise, it looks good. Good luck!

4. alwayshope11

Congrats on being able to tell your mom! Keep us updated on how it goes!