1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Great Help to the Trans Community!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Young Anonymous, May 10, 2012.

1. Young Anonymous

Hello, I recently discovered this book and was amazed at how well I connected with it. It is a bit old, but the experience is just the same.

"Mom, I Need to be a Girl." is a free book online written by Just Evelyn who is a mother of a transgendered MtF. I DEFINITELY recommend any transgendered person to read this, and am definitely going to be giving it to my parents for when I come out.

Here is the link:

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/Evelyn/Mom_I_need_to_be_a_girl.pdf

It tells about how Danielle grew up, coming out, her troubles with crooked therapists and the HBSOC, her experience with hormones, and finally her experience with her SRS. This book also tells about the parents/family's views and advice and information for teens experiencing this same problem.

~ Sorry if this is in the wrong chat section or if this book has been posted before, I just feel that this is extraordinarily helpful to the community. :eusa_clap

2. Deaf Not Blind

cool, good job. not many transgender people comment my links so i thought i should yours. if you find anything for ftm let us know that too, ok?

3. Young Anonymous