1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality questions??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MadeUpUsername, Jun 24, 2012.

1. MadeUpUsername

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I consider myself a bisexual girl. I know that transgendered people sometimes feel like they would be better as the other gender, but I sometimes feel like I would be better off as a bisexual guy. Does this mean I could be transgendered and is it normal? Doe anyone else have this?

2. Ianthe

However you feel is perfectly fine; there is nothing wrong with you.

What do you mean when you say you would be better off?

Sexual orientation and gender identity are separate. You can be transgender regardless of your sexual orientation. Certainly, many transgender people identify as bisexual.

If you mean you think it's easier to be a bisexual man than a bisexual woman, I don't think I would agree--the challenges are different, but I wouldn't say that bisexual women have a worse time.

Consider each of these questions separately for a moment:

Do you mean that you feel more yourself when performing masculine gender expression (acting and dressing in a traditionally "male" way)?

Do you wish your body were different than it is? Do your female body parts make you feel distressed?

Would you prefer a traditionally male sexual role?

Do you want to be recognized as and treated like a guy in daily life?

3. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

good questions to think on, have thought thoughs ones through myself, and find that i am still pangendered mtf, and that even though the way i dress is sometimes more girl then man, and half of me still thinks girl like, then guy like pangender is the only way to accept it, thanks@@

4. MadeUpUsername

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for replying everyone! Sorry it took me so long to reply! I guess what I mean is that I feel split, like I'm neither gender. I'm biologically a girl, but I've never been feminine. However, I don't feel like a guy either. Ideally, I'd still have attractions and relationships, but just be both or neither gender.

5. Lewnatic

When it comes to gender identity disorders and struggling with one's sexuality, there is a very fine line. Whilst the two are unrelated in many ways, they actually make things more complicated. Additionally, there's always the chance someone unfortunate may suffer from both.
    I'm gay and identify completely as male - sometimes I wonder what it would be like to wear female clothes and have dyed blonde locks, but the thought of having breasts or a vagina kind of...repulses me. I definitely know I'm a guy.
    In a way, I think being gay and having gender identity disorder can make things a little bit easier in the end. If you successfully transition into the other gender: the person you were meant to be, then you actually become a straight person as your sexuality now belongs to the opposite body.
    Don't worry if you can't work yourself out: feeling like you belong to either gender is completely normal, though I do believe you will likely work more of it out through time.

You say you're not feminine, so what would it mean to you if you were? When you think about wearing a cute dress and having your hair down, getting it coloured and styled, wearing make-up etc. what does that do for you? Can you picture it?
    Or can you picture wearing more boy-ish clothes? Not having to worry about what your hair looks like?
    You should ask yourself these questions.