1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could be trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bassbolt, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alright, I'm kind of confused about my gender. Since about January I've been wondering what it would be like to be a guy. I don't know. The word "woman" as a term to describe me feels really weird. Sometimes I look at pictures of trans guys and think "Wow, they can pass really well" and I feel like I'd like to test it out and see what I'd look like and how I'd feel being a guy. It's confusing. I could be androgynous either. I'm not really describing how I'm feeling very well. Maybe I just need someone to ask me the right questions and then I'd be able to describe it better.

Wow, my head is spinning.

2. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Only you can really be the judge of whether you are or not, it has to feel right, and it might take time to adjust to. If you just want to try it out to see what it's like, that's not being transgender, maybe you just happen to want to dress in drag at times. If you are, you would know, because you would feel that it's right. It could be a lot of different things. Maybe you're just curious. I think everyone has that curiosity of what it would be like to be the opposite gender, and to me, it just sounds like you want to just test it out, and not be the opposite gender permanently. If you want to be the opposite gender permanently, then that would make you transgender, if you just want to try it out, then maybe you're just curious.

3. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. Okay. I was thinking maybe it's just curiosity, but I wasn't sure if that was common. And it's helpful getting a second opinion on it because it helps confirm that it isn't denial or something...

4. MusicIsLife

Strangely, you kind of sound like me three years ago. I would say experiment with gender neutral clothing, try passing in public, see how you feel. Trans isnt something I'd jump into, and if you're uncertain try going to a LGBT support centre if you can. If not, feel free to message me anytime <3 good luck.

5. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The majority of my clothing is already gender neutral. Heh. Passing in public... That would be extremely tricky for a number of reasons. I think I'd rather try it in private first. Baby steps.

6. Hey there! I am in a similar situation as you - am biologically female but think I might be trans:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Still... how can you be sure? right? Wandered if you wanted to talk about all this with someone dealing with the same as you?

Best wishes,
    Dan

7. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, I appreciate the offer.