1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans people!! I need your help!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DanielTristan, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Hey people!

I would really appreciate if someone maestro who can relate to my story can give me some advice. I challenge you to read my long post! :slight_smile:

This has been a really difficult time but in a way I'm excited!!

First - the boring but necessary part :wink: : I am 19 years old and biologically female. I had considered the possibility that I was a guy a few times over my teenage years but always backed out of it, partly because of a major sporting career and well... frankly just being really scared haha

Well, I woke up some time ago and suddenly this idea struck me again and since then I've been constantly thinking about it. And I mean constantly. All the time. And there was so much about it that made sense! I started thinking about my life up until now and there are so many events, situations and feelings that make sense if the case is that I'm actually male. But how can I be sure?

Anyhoos, I jotted down a few thoughts about this and why it makes sense:

When I was a young kid I used to play with the boys and with similar toys as theirs. I remember getting very sad and upset when I was not allowed to dress like the buys and run around with them when I attending family dinners. In imaginary games I always, always took a male role. I never did, and still don't understand dolls wearing pink dresses. (Can anyone explain that to me??:wink:). Oh, god. Talking about pink dresses... and just dresses in general - it was a torture for me! Haha when my mum used to put me in stockings I would cry so hard.

Overall I behaved like a guy and never did I, nor do now, feel completely like one of the girls. I was and am different from them. When puberty hit I started to be unhappy with my body. I thought it was because I was too fat but I was well below average in fat percentage (being an athlete!). So I figured out that I really hate my curves and my breasts. I am jealous of guys to be able to walk around topless. Want their muscles. Hmm...

Actually, whenever I see a guy my age I get sad and jealous. I wish I could wear their clothes without looking weird. I did dress like a guy for a couple of years but my peers didn't really get it was really hard to fit in so I decided to be a bit more "normal" as society decides it is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So, I started dressing in girls clothing. It went okay I guess - I fitted in but the clothes didn't fit me. It just feels so wrong... know what I mean? Like wearing a dress and high heels - I feel like a total and very weird idiot hahaha ! It was comfortable to fit in but I felt something is wrong.

I am JUST like my dad as a character and person and my field of interest is very guy-ish. I like sports, action films, video games, girls... hehe, yes I like girls most definitely. I know that you don't have to be straight if you are trans but it fits with the majority. No offence gay trans people - you rock!

My best friend and teammate always says "Dude, you are one of the boys"... and I want to be. Definitely. I have a strong male side but also a dash of femininity. I'm afraid I would be doing a mistake by identifying as trans but seriously, if this "God" people talk about had asked me beforehand if I wanted to be a guy or a girl I would have picked to be a guy. In fact I would love to wake up tomorrow being a male, move somewhere abroad and start a new life.

I am certain I WANT to be male.... but AM I? How did you people figure this thing out?? Need a big sibling here :wink:

Thank you for reading my extremely long post. I would give you a potato if I could... Actually. I promise to give you one if we meet in person someday!

Cheers,
    Dan

2. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

I can relate, just only opposite for me. If I had to say, I'd say you are transgendered. I definitely agree with your sentence about waking up male; I wish I could wake up female every single day. Want to trade?

3. Hot Pink

You are male. You want to be male, you definitely sound like you have identified as male for a long time. Living as a girl doesn't make you any less of a man than any other guy out there. How far you want to pursue your male gender identity is up to you. Some people can live happy, fulfilling lives as their biological sex, others require hormones, and even others need surgical intervention. Transitioning doesn't always involve all of these things, it all depends on where you feel the most comfortable.

Myself, I live as a woman, take hormones, and I feel like I require surgical intervention before my transition is complete. I know a trans woman, though, who doesn't feel like she needs surgery. Her transition is already complete. Another is happy just to have accepted what she is on the inside. Neither are less of a woman than me. The same is true for you. Even if you want hormones and stuff. At this moment, you are still a man. No one can take that from you.

4. lonewolf77 - Uuuuuhh..... trading is ON!! :slight_smile: May I ask though - are you sure about your identity? Can you tell me more about your experience?

Hot Pink - Thank you for your reply - I found it very supportive! I thiiiiiiiiiiiink you are right. But how did you... know? I mean. Wtf? hahaha. How was it when you came to terms with who you are? I would definitely want to start hormones (if i become sure of that I am male) and have the top surgery. How cool would that be?! Scary thought but cool non the less :slight_smile:

5. IrisM

Being a woman is a large part of what makes me who I am. Never in my life did I Identify with being one of the guys, and nothing quite rankles me as much as hearing them talk negatively about women or brag about how they degraded someone, how they had a night with her and threw her out the next morning or other such stories that men typically tell, not to say all men are like this but many of the ones I've been around, particularly in the workplace, are. (I admit I'm a Feminist.) I always got along better with the girls and 99% of the time I did not get along at all with anyone male. I've never been able to date, because I hate my body as it is now so much and I feel like I'm trapped in this hideous body that isn't mine. Not men, not women, not anyone. I can tell you I will seek transition, I have sought it for most of my life, and I won't be satisfied until I've had my operation and I am a complete woman. I wish I could purge every ounce of maleness and masculinity from my body and this has been my singular driving motivation for my life. I would give anything to reach this goal.

So when I look up there and I see your story, the things you've been through and your self opinion, I tell you to see a therapist as soon as possible. If you belive this is the path for you, then your therapist will help you get more in touch with your male self and you can choose whether or not you want to walk the path to making your body match your mind. In any case, whatever your choice may be, I wish you the best of luck and a happy future.

6. Thanks for the reply, Iris!

Once again I deeply feel for you cause of what a hard time you've had. I have great faith in that you will achieve your goals and get the body you deserve. Awh, you can't miss out on dating! But it will happen one day when you are one with your body :slight_smile: Yes, thank you, I will definitely see a therapist as soon as I get back home in August. The more I think about it and the more time passes it feels more right to go down this path. I already talked with my sister and my best friend about my thoughts on being trans. They both were fantastic about it and I am very grateful for that. The next person I'm going to discuss this with is the girl I've been dating for 2 years... That will be ... interesting haha.. ehhemm. *Swallows nervously*

7. IrisM

I will not be able to love anyone until I can love myself. I hope your girlfriend understands. I would spend a day with her, enjoy your time with her reaffirming your feelings, tell her how much you appreciate and care for her. And then sit her down and tell her the news. Not necessarily right now mind, but when you are ready. And make sure to tell her that whatever happens, you will always remember her smile, and the wonderful times you shared.

8. Yeah, I do understand - it has bothered me too, not loving myself fully. I mean. I love who I am but there is something wrong. So that is a real bore. Anyway. Yes, will choose a good time to do it and a good way to do it. Our relationship is already VERY complicated so I doubt one more complication really matters haha. Also, this is one thing that came to my mind -- she is totally straight... except for only me. She said she can't think about being with a girl if we should ever break up, just a guy then. Sorry. I'm rambling... Ciao!

9. IrisM

You are lucky then. Having a nice bi girl who understands and is there to support you will definitely be a big help in getting through transition.

10. Yes, I am :slight_smile: Well hahah as she described it she said she was straight, she did not identify with being bisexual. I was just ... an exception. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Maybe I am not an exception after all :wink: And, well, I'll see in a few days if she is okay with the idea or will run in the opposite direction! Exciting!! :wink:

11. IrisM

Keep me updated. I Like hearing good news. ^^

12. studkid2012

Wow! Sounds exactly like what I've been going through my whole life :O

13. Iris: Will do! Hopefully with good news :slight_smile:

studkid2012: Really?? How are things going for you? Im interested in hearing more!

14. Hot Pink

To answer your question about when I knew what I was, I kinda always knew. Since I was a kid, nothing I really did when it came to hobbies or activities really screamed female or male. I just did what I liked, but I didn't understand why people said I couldn't be a mom when I grew up. I hated when I couldn't be the mom when we played house too.

It wasn't until I was 13 where I confronted my femininity and truly realized what I was on the inside, though. I tried to pretend to be a boy for years before that, but I hated every moment of it. It took another 13 years for me to come out, though. I highly recommend not doing the closet part. The closet sucks.

15. DhammaGamer

Once you get tired of constantly asking yourself "should i transition" you will finally say "I'm going to transition" and things will just be that much better. Talk to a therapist and work things out with them. It took me 25 years to finally take that leap, and I can say I have never been happier with myself and my body. I hope you find peace.

-Tristen

16. Deaf Not Blind

I'm absolutely not a feminist, didn't even go with the Queer group to their Fem club! but degrading any human is disgusting. if i were a big guy and heard them talking like that, id not be able to NOT punch their lights out! jerks like them make all men look evil. i promise you not all men degrade or use girls, i know for fact. and please God i would not! i want to have somebody love me not just use me for lust, so goes both ways.

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2012 at 07:26 PM ----------

well, i on rare occasion feel a want to start T to make myself stop envying other guys bodies. i can't believe how things have changed during acceptance, that i know i want to ask out a girl and date. and i get more bold in standing for what i want and believe. also i notice what guys wear not their butts like girls might, and it never happened before that i saw men as like me...i tried to not allow me to be seen to be like them!
    it makes me wonder when this journey is gonna end...what will my last step be.

17. J Snow

Well, I'm on the exact opposite side of this spectrum, but I can relate to this question a lot. For a long time I said "I want to be a girl, but I don't feel like a girl. If I was one, how could I WANT to be one?"

Well, my opinion is, if you want to be a girl, and you want to transition, that's what matters. I don't really feel like I am female, but I want desperately to be one. I think that counts. But of course I'm 22 and still haven't made any real progress towards transitioning.

I guess I don't have a solid answer to your question, but I can say for certain I relate heavily to this part of it.

18. smprob

Hey Dan,

I've just totally accepted as a transgender just three months ago, so I'm not a lot experienced in it.

I guess most of us transsexuals like to wake up in the body we want to have, me no exception. Going a bit further, I sometimes (day)dream to wake up suddenly in a male body. I almost wish that. of course I wasn't thinking to steal anyone's. It seems some people do abandon there's after anesthesia, and I've heard it's not the same person some times wake up :icon_wink . so I am thinking wow, if I could wake up in such a body after sleep:grin:

years ago I also started dressing like that once. But things got out of hand later, so I gave up it then, But still love to do that time to time, without much overdo.

I think your gf's going to more like it,if she is OK with the transsexual concept . no one can predicate on someone's feelings, but she sounds like that. I also experienced such a love.

May be it would be better if you could discuss about transsexuals before you tell her about yours (if you haven't still). It may ease her feelings.Good luck!

19. Hot Pink: Hehe yeah, know the feeling – I remember playing Mary the mother of Christ in a school play once and didn‘t understand why I couldn‘t be Joseph... :grin: Okay, yeah, thanks – I will take your advice and run as FAST as I can out of the closet!! :wink: Congratulations on finally coming out! It takes a lot of bravery.
    DhammaGamer: Thanks so much. Yeah, I guess so.... and I‘m already getting quite tired of asking me if I should transition :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Well done to jump on board this cruise down a very difficult path. Really happy for you.

Deaf Not Blind: Hear hear! It‘s such a shame that a few people can cast a bad name on so many. Yeah, you never know where you might end up -who knows what‘s waiting in the wings of time?

J Snow: Thank you for the reply. It‘s really good to know there are other people out there asking themselves the same question. Though – do you get afraid that if you transition, you might regret it? It scares me a lot. I hope you find your path 

Smprob: Hahaha, good to know you‘re not about to go around stealing guy‘s bodies :wink: What do you mean by „Things got out of hand later?“. It‘s great that your partner was okay with it ! I‘m happy for you. Yeah, that‘s a good idea... she‘s from a pretty concervative area and might need a bit of adjustment time :wink: Thanks for the heads up.

20. J Snow

Daniel, I am absolutely terrified that I would regret transition. Though its not because I think I might not enjoy being a girl. Its because

1. I'm afraid of losing all my family and friends.

2. I'm afraid of the in between time. People staring trying to figure out what I am. Deciding which bathroom to use. Dealing with all the beaurocracy...

3. I'm terrified that after everything I'll just turn out looking like a man in drag.

But despite the crazy horrible fears, I have never wanted anything more. I already regret NOT doing it so far. If I never do I'm going to live with regret anyway.