1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Transition - photos of progress

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Katelynn, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Katelynn

Hey all, it has been a while since I posted regularly here on EC, due mostly to college, however, Ive been back on a bit more in the last month or so, & felt it was time to get around to something Ive wanted to do for a while now, namely, post some photos of my progress on hormone replacement therapy. This should be of interest to my fellow trans members, however, Im sure it may catch the interest of some of the rest of my fellow ECs as well, which is all good!

A bit of background:

came out on EC June 29, 2011 as both transgender MTF & as a gay woman
    started hormone replacement therapy February 25, 2012
    currently 5 months in on hormone replacement therapy & still going strong

Just uploaded the album, so Im not sure if anyone can see it yet, but I thought Id let anyone who was interested know its there now! http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/11704-albums3665.html

Side note - I also included some pics of me from before I came out to contrast what I look like now compared to what I used to look like before I finally woke up from the nightmare & got outta the closet! (!)

Side side note: some pics may be out of chronological order as it was late when I uploaded them :eusa_doh:

Happy viewing! :thumbsup:

#1 Katelynn, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. Katelynn

3. Katelynn

Feel free to leave any comments or thoughts or questions, but please be respectful is all I'm asking... :grin:

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're looking awesome! :slight_smile:

5. Katelynn

Thanks Maddy, it's been a long hard 5 months on hormones thus far, & I've had a lot of really hard emotional stuff I've been thru in the last 3 months, especially the last month or so, but beginning to see my outside starting to match my inside has made me a bit happier, although I won't lie, I still have a long way to go to achieving being actually happy one day. It's a start tho! Perhaps when I feel up to it, I may post on what's been bothering me lately tho...

6. Eleanor Rigby

I am incredibly proud of you sweetheart (*hug*) ! I know it's a long journey and that every step forward is a battle, but you're getting there.
    Take good care of yourself (*hug*) and keep in mind you can PM me anytime, whatever the reason, Cécile

7. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You look great :slight_smile: You're making great progress!

8. Derpette

Hey this is awesome, you look fantastic! Wish you all the best to the new life :slight_smile:

9. Katelynn

Thanks very much, Derpette! I appreciate it! I get super self-conscious all the time about how I look. In fact, today, just a few hours ago, was the first time I went on in public full on dressed & looking as the real me for a lunch at a local restaurant with some girlfriends of mine! And it was soooo nice too! I was so worried, but no one looked or stared at me & I finally felt like one of the girls at last! It was very cool & I was so grateful to all of them for being so understanding & supportive as well! It was a HUGE boost to my confidence! Now if I can only get my voice to sound much more feminine! lol

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You look fabulous! :grin:

I love when Trans folk post pictures of themselves progressing through their transitioning - you can actually feel their happiness increase as they get further along. You, misses, are no exception.

Best of luck with the rest of your journey, Kiersten. Your progress thus far is amazing!

11. brocub

From June to July, your features have definitely softened and become more feminine. Congrats on how well your transition is going. Especially since Sarnia is an area with a lot of older people, so you'd expect a lot of closed minds.

Off-topic: What are you taking at college? (i can assume which one since Sarnia only has one post-secondary school :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

12. Katelynn

Thanks very much! Im getting progressively happier with how I look as things go ahead each day as well!

Yep, Sarnia is quite close-minded. On a side note, I had found a job after 2 months of looking & was quite excited to work in the warehouse part of a new retail store as I had believed I would when I was first hired, however, after 7 days of doing the store set-up, I quit, as I ended up being assigned to the sales floor & didnt feel comfortable with the idea of transitioning in front of customers in this city. I have come out to almost everyone I know, & everyone I know, all of my friends & classmates, have all been very open-minded & accepting. But yes, it is very much an older population, so Im trying to stay under the radar as much as possible.

As for what I am studying, the college began a new program in September 2011 - law clerk program. So basically, Im studying law & looking for a career in a law firm, which basically means Ill be doing all the paperwork, etc for the lawyer, which they then give to clients, take into court, etc. Its been very challenging & a huge amount of work, both in & out of the classroom, but Im enjoying it so far! Thanks for asking!

And yep, we just have the one college here! bahahaha!

13. thinkpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You look great - and I'm liking your fashion sense! :slight_smile:

14. Katelynn

Thanks thinkpink! Im a HUGE Pink Floyd fan!!! hahaha

15. BudderMC

Very nice. I'm glad to see that you're glad to see it's finally paying off. :slight_smile:

16. Aldrick

I agree with Black Cat, I love looking at transition photos. It's amazing.

Your features have definitely become more feminine, but even more importantly as you've progressed I can definitely see a difference in how you hold yourself in the photos. You seem to look happier and more confident.

I'm so happy for you. I hope you keep us updated. (*hug*)

17. Caoimhe Fayre

this. it's really good to see you be yourself. (*hug*)

18. Adam123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    like the way you wear your hair to one side :slight_smile:

19. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    You're so pretty! I wish I could look like that ;D

20. DhammaGamer

wooooohoooooo

looking fantastic hon!