1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transition and passing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Myra48, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Myra48

i want to be a guy, but there is no way to actually transition and be on testosterone right now. however, in my mind i think i pass, when i know i dont pass at all. i meet somebody and i think that they see me as a man. has anybody done this? i dress pretty androgynously and I've started to bind, but my face is way to feminine. are there things to do to pass a little better, but at the same time, not to drastic. i want to fully transition when i transfer schools but i cant do that right now.

2. Mango

Just keep on binding, wear a derby hat, some pin stripe trousers, an Arrow dress shirt, some Florsheim Wingtips, a pocket watch, and get your swag on!

3. J Snow

Well if you are already dressing andro and binding I would just say the easiest effective changes you might be able to make are to work on your posture and voice.

I honestly think probably the biggest thing that gives FtM's away (to me at least) is their voice. I know I've been working on a MtF voice training program. I don't know if such programs exist for FtM's but it seems like even if you can't deepen your voice working on the way you talk could help.

Other than that, short haircuts and baggy clothes, hoodies, etc.

I'm not exactly a fountain of knowledge when it comes to FtM passing, but I wanted to at least attempt to be of help =P

4. Curly

Voice is forsure a giveaway. I can speak in a lower more neutral tone when I am speaking at a lower volume. But the moment I have to project, girly voice comes out.

Posture wise, I am pretty boyish, but I got some pretty flamboyant characteristics.

Try not to take it too personally when someone mistakes you for a girl (Easier said than done some days). On the days I think I don't pass, I end up passing. On the days I think I pass so well, I get called "can I help you miss?".

5. Mango

It doesn't matter what your voice sounds like! It doesn't really matter that much about what you wear in reality (though it does help at least little I'm sure)!

Just nurture and develop the masculine qualities that you know are innate within yourself that you like, and all the good qualities, whether they be percieved of as masculine or femninine. You know most good qualities are gender neutral...

When the time rolls around for your physical transition, your masculine emotional and psychological characteristics will already be in place. Then you'll be ready!

If you observed Robyn on Hell's Kitchen Season 10, that's similar to the kind of mental mindset you wanna develop to get your masculine swag on! Confidence is key!

#5 Mango, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012