1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i come out to my friends that dont know im trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by marshallee, Sep 6, 2012.

1. marshallee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i find it really hard to come out to my friends that dont know im trans what should i do i still havent told my dad what should i do please reply and coment
    (*hug*):icon_sad::slight_smile:

2. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Do you dress like your true gender? Sometimes that makes it easier for you to help them understand. I'm not transgender, So coming out was slightly different for me, but as a whole its relatively simple. You can pull someone you're closest to aside and tell them first, and then tell more people as you feel more comfortable with yourself. Accepting who you are is always the hardest thing to do, and since you've already done that- the worst part is already over. I really hope this helps...:slight_smile:

3. J Snow

Hey, welcome to EC.

I know how you feel. I'm already on HRT and my family and the majority of my friends don't know. It really sucks.

From my experience, as an MtF I've had really good luck with coming out to female friends. Perhaps since you are FtM it would be easier if you have some male friends to come out to first?