1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where would I be classified as far as gender goes?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NicoleV96, Sep 17, 2012.

1. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I don't know if there's a specific label for how I feel when it comes to gender but, to keep it short, I'm a girl, I would not identify as a boy, but here's what I feel. My personality is just about 90% boy. I love things boys like, I'm always up to getting dirty, as in like, not afraid of messes and gross things like girls are, I always loved boy toys, I love video games like boys do, I dress more casual and wear baggier clothes like guys do, I prefer to hang out with boys, I get along better with boys, I burp a lot and can be gross like some guys, I've always loved dark colors and hated girly colors like pink(ew), I always agree with boys, I never wear make up, I hate dresses, and I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of now. I know some things may be unisex or may not even matter, but, that's what I feel like. And to add in, being born a girl, I would always identify as a girl, but I just feel like a boy most of the time, and lets just say, hypothetically, if I was born a boy, I would also stay a boy, I wouldn't want to be a girl. It's like, whatever I'm born as, I would stay as, but then there's that part that feels so boyish. I don't know how to describe it any better than that, and I have no idea what to classify this as.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually feel exactly the same as you, except the other way. It's like this weird place of being cisgender but enjoying a radically different gender performance. And I totally relate to that whole thing where if I were born the other sex, it'd be "meh, whatever."

What you're describing to me I would call butch.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Your lack of dysphoria about being a girl coupled with your hypothetical lack of dysphoria about being a guy make me think you might be agender. The best description I've ever heard of agender was when someone on here said, "I'm fine with being a dude, but if I woke up in a girl's body tomorrow, I'd be okay with it." As for your behavior, you might just be tomboyish. It's perfectly possible to be cis-gender and a tomboy, so while being a tomboy might be an indication that you might not be cis-gender, it's the stuff in your last three sentences that really lends credence to that idea.