1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To the Trans members on the site

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexisAnne, Sep 26, 2012.

1. AlexisAnne

Okay, so first and foremost I have some amazing friends. I've already talked to my closest ones, and they're perfectly willing to listen and support me. They are incredible and I love every one of them, but they don't honestly understand it. They can grasp the concept, and I've told them that I want to start seeing a psych about it soon and they're totally behind me.

What I really want to know though is whether anybody about there who's going through this, or has gone through it, would be willing to PM. I'm not talking anything extensive, just a kind of casual, whenever something crosses my mind and whenever there's time for them to respond.

I'm not looking for deep answers, or realizations here. Hopefully that will come from therapy. I'm just looking to occasionally converse with somebody who understands my situation and can empathize rather than sympathize, if that makes sense. Somebody I can compare my own thoughts and feelings with. I don't like to just randomly PM people without their okay, so if you're interested in kind of being an ear to somebody who could use it, respond here.

I can understand a lot of potential reasons for not wanting to, so if this thread doesn't get any responses, I won't take it personally. Just thought I would throw it out there.:smilewave

2. J Snow

Hey there, unfortunately you can only private message staff members if you are not yet a full member.

You are more than welcome to write on my wall to message me in the time being though =) I'm honored when people turn to me to open up and talk about their issues :3

3. AlexisAnne

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm sure I probably read that. In thw mean time I might take you up on your kind offer. :slight_smile:

4. Mai Hasegawa

I may not be well versed in the transition process in the USA, but I'll gladly share my experience as a MtF with 2,5 years of HRT. Feel free to contact me anytime :slight_smile:

5. AlexisAnne

Thank you. I may post on your wall as well. Appreciate it!

6. I'm not sure if you're only looking for MTF individuals or for people at a certain part in transition, but my wall (and PM if you ever decide to become a full member) is open. :icon_bigg

7. AlexisAnne

Thank you. I'm looking for anybody who's Trans, at any stage. As you can tell from the initial post, I'm fairly early on as far as actually doing anything about it, so anybody who can possibly identify with what I'm going through, or those who can offer perspective are welcome. I'm sure that, though we're coming from different sides of the fence, there are probably a lot of similarities.

#7 AlexisAnne, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  8. PurpleCrab

Hi! I'd love you pm with you. I'm not sure I'm a full member though... am I?

9. AlexisAnne

Thanks. It says you're a full member right above your avatar, so we'll assume you are. I have a couple of weeks before I can apply for full membership, but I'd like to add you as a contact, so I can PM you once that happens.

10. Sandy0557

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in a similar situation and would like to talk.

---------- Post added 28th Sep 2012 at 06:27 AM ----------

I posted a couple of quick responses, but they don't stay up. So if this is just a repeat--sorry very new.

I would like to talk with you.

11. O_Negative

I'm transGENDER (that covers gender fluid dunnit?)...but I have several close friends who are FtM and I am quite willing to lend an ear if you should need a friend.

12. AlexisAnne

Hi Sandy. I would love to talk. We can't PM without full membership, but if you're comfortable going wall to wall, I'm doing that with a few others right now and it's been great. I'm going to send you a friend request and if you want to contact me, just post on my wall. I can't promise immediate responses, but I will respond.

The people I've been speaking with are further along in their journey than I am, and I would love to talk to somebody who's closer to where I am and compare notes :slight_smile:

Hope to hear from you.

13. Pexetta

I can't PM yet either, but feel free to write on my wall too. :smilewave

14. I would love to talk if you have anything to ask. But I'm shy and i'm still questioning my own thoughts about myself and I do fear going through this too. I'm still trying to understand myself. But you can talk on my wall if you ever want to talk.

15. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

16. AlexisAnne

Thanks for the link ND. I'll definitely check it out:slight_smile:

17. RainDreamer

Hey there, I am not sure if I can be much help, as I kinda in a closet myself and haven't went through transition yet. But I can always be here if you want someone to talk. I am a good listener and writer, so I can be your morale support whenever you need me. =)

18. AlexisAnne

Thank you Rain Dreamer. I'll defi.itely be in touch. :slight_smile:

19. Sandy0557

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Got your message and happy to talk. Just been reading everything I can on gender. Have had real strong feelings about crossdressing and have thoughts about going further. So if you want to talk to someone who is stumbling along and trying learn all I can; we could share our mutual confusion.

I'm thinking of seeing a gender therapist to get help sorting my thoughts out.

Going beyond crossdressing seems like pretty scary stuff!

I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but not sure where to look for easy return to here. Can anyone help?

Thanks

20. Hot Pink

Feel free to contact me too. :slight_smile: