1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 2 faces of my sexuality...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Adi Marie, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Adi Marie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    so what i mean by the two faces of my sexuality is, that I classify as a female bisexual. but i wonder if i have like some FTM transgender tendencies? because when im with women whether im dating them or are just friends, i always act like a guy, chivalrous, polite, always looking out for them. holding the door, offering up my jacket. etc. BUT! when im with a guy im always sooooo submissive. its completly the opposite.... quite truthfully i like being the chivalrous type better. because then i feel needed.

i also dress very different from day to day.... like one day ill wake up and be like "i feel more manly today"-and ill throw on some sweats and a baggy polo. or the next day ill be like... "i feel like wearing a frilly dress and makeup" so this leads me to believe im somewhere in the middle of male and female... its very confusing. because i do wish i was a guy. but at the same time i am genuinely happy with my female body... it just wavers soooo much. and it delves deeper than just my appearance. i even wake up in a different MINDSET each day!

:confused:
    its just soooooo confusing!!! is there anyone else that thinks like this? is there a name for this? not that i really care if it actually is called something... but im just curious. it having a name may help with explaining it to others... or for researching it myself.
    :help:

Thanks!

2. PurpleCrab

Sounds like bi-gendered or genderqueer, look it up :icon_wink

And good luck into knowing your own self better too!!

I really wish for your sake that you aren't a transsexual man though because it can be a really tough road ahead for you if that was the case. Seeing that you like your female body, I believe that you shouldn't try to change that :slight_smile:

The plusses of your situation: you can be the perfect match for a bisexual woman :thewave:

3. O_Negative

I feel a lot like that too! I chose to identify as gender fluid.

I switch pretty distinctly back and forth between male and female...so I chose to use two names and sets of pronouns, not gender neutral stuff.

If you need someone to talk to about it, chat me up! My name's Gage.

4. WhisperinShadow

You kinda remind me of myself.... :slight_smile:

Especially the part when it comes to women...I also try to be kinda polite or be careful with them mostly when I'm attracted to them....And I thought kinda the same ( a bit) (FTM tendencies or genderqueer tendencies etc.)

Or that I also like to be kinda needed or a bit protective..and sometimes kinda wish to be a guy but I think that I would miss my female body and maybe wouldn't 100% comfortable etc. etc...And that I think that I maybe think so because I had more chances when it comes to straight women...Not totally sure...

Nobody would ever think of me as a guy when it comes to my looks...But I don't have a typical and not a totally feminine behaviour and don't really feel that comfortable with typical feminine clothes...I wear clothes made for women because I don't really feel that comfortable with too much baggy clothes outside but I try to have a bit more masculine style, for example a wallet chain on my jeans, studded belts or studded wristbands etc. as an accessoire..

5. Vasilisa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was like that when i was a teenager. Always wanted to be a boy, did boyish stuff, dressed boyishly, held door for girls, protected them. Then something hit and i went super feminine and date tomboy/butch girls only. But i notice i still think like a man a lot of times. My best friends are guys and i like being tough. I can wear heels, dress, fake hair, look like a barbie and want to jump over the fence or get in a wrestling match, punch boys in a shoulder and call them bros, while sipping a drink through a thin straw!

I like when girls hold door open for me, that is incredibly hot and if i see girls with manliness and gentleman manners in them its a huge turn on. Im always petite feminine one that will climb trees with you:grin:
    But as i remember how i felt as a teenager i can totally relate to how you feel.

6. Young Pretender

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is where I believe people confuse and conflate socially created gender with biological gender [ie, our physical, mental, and emotional gender(s)]. Yes, chivalrous behaviour was a trait socially assigned to the male gender. However, at day's end, all those behaviours fall under "giving a damn." One's gender identity doesn't preclude that. As for acting the opposite with a man...well, women are conditioned (very strongly) to behave this way and expect the princess treatment from men. Speaking as a man (and a human), I like to both care and be cared for. I don't believe that an imbalance of one is healthy.

As for clothing, again there is powerful gender conditioning. Dressing like a man means comfort, ease, and practicality. Femininity demands a comparatively demanding regimen. Were I a woman and Arch-Feminist and Imperatrix of the Gaian Empire (read: Empress of Earth), the first thing I would do is ban such nonsense cultural indoctrination. Every woman I know has (and needs) her "easy" dressing days.

All that said, I could be failing to account for your mind, but I thought I might offer an alternate perspective. Half the fun of being queer can be the exploratory journey. :goodluck: