1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom seems to be getting worse in her denial, not better. (Trans)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MusicIsLife, Oct 26, 2012.

1. MusicIsLife

very long story short. i've gotten more depressed/anxious/agoraphobic as my mom continues to pretend that I'm not trans, and every time she refers to me, she says "she" a lot and I feel like correcting her right now would be a total waste of time. Recently I've had a few suicide scares and my doctor gave me some anti anxiety meds. When I got home my mom went on this lecture about how I have a lot of "unresolved isses in regards to the death of my father" and didnt mention the trans thing at all. In part, I wasnt surprised, but in others I was really hurt. I feel so invisible these days.

Then today at work I saw a brony, (usually guys who are into the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) of which I am indoctrinated into its epic fandom and I happily told my mom when I finished work and she began to proclaim that there must be something seriously wrong with a boy who likes MLP because it's "girly". I was very surprised because shes never been that prejudiced before.

Again, as are most of these posts, im not sure what im asking for here. maybe someone can lend me some patience with her, at least until I can afford to leave home for good?

2. LightningRider

All I can think of to do is sit her down and talk it out and keep on correcting her when she refers to you as a girl. :/

You do have to keep in mind, she is your mother and this might just be her way of showing she's scared of losing you.
    As far as my Mum was concerned, she cried cause she was convinced she is losing her only daughter.
    It might sound silly to us, but these women carried us, raised us and loved us all our lives thinking we were their little girls.
    It will take time and a big heart.

Not the best of advice but it's all I can think of. :slight_smile: