1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question about gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by stonewalk, Nov 5, 2012.

1. stonewalk

so just wondering if there was a particular classification for this. Its almost like genderfluid where i wake up some days feeling normal male-ish and masculine, other days i feel extremely feminine to the point where i have considerable trouble not letting it show. Even on these days i still identify as male, just a very feminine one. didnt know if there was anything specific or still just "male". anyway thanks for any input

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

If you still feel just like a feminine male, you're still a male. And to be honest, I think that if you're on the borderline, I'd stay in your gender role, simply because people will be less awful about it.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm still a bit knew to everything so keep that in mind. Someone can correct me if I get it wrong :slight_smile:

Gender identity and gender expression are two different things. Gender identity is what gender you "feel" like. Like you said in your post, you identify as a male so that would be your gender.

Gender expression is how you express your gender. Sometimes you are more feminine than other days, but that doesn't change your gender identity. You are just a more feminine male.

And you can have all types of gender identities combined with all types of gender expression. Its all up to the person and there is no right or wrong combination :slight_smile:

4. stonewalk

alright thanks guys, im still trying to get the hang of some of this stuff so i figured i would ask