1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trans and family issues

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GayJay, Dec 4, 2012.

1. GayJay

I've kinda started my way to transitioning, but its pretty hard to get treatment. I waiting on a reply from the only gender clinic in the UK, its taking ages and I wish it would hurry up.
    I've came out to my mum, brother and a few friends. But I'm really scared of how it will affect my family. I know it will be hard for them to accept, its a big change and its understandable. My younger brother (aged13) is okay with me being trnas and everything but I have told him not to tell anyone or mention it to my mum cause it will just cause arguments.
    I'm scared he might start to get bullied or have people saying things to him at school because of it, and my other brother whose 4 is gonna have to grow up knowing too. I really feel ike they shouldn't have to go through school putting up with this, its unfair on then as its my problem not theirs.
    Does anyone else whose transitioning have younger siblings, how did they take it at school and their peers. Was it hard for them too? Thanks for any comments guys