1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Identity Crisis

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Inescapable, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Inescapable

Helllooo

I don't want to go on for agesss or anything, so I'll make this as brief 'as I can'. I've been a fairly feminine man for a considerable number of years (around 4 years ago is when I first kinda got the comments about it), but I never really started "embracing" it until about a year ago. Since then, quite frankly, I seriously hate the **** out of being feminine.

Most are my friends are female, so they don't mind the feminine aspect and kind of 'like' it, so I try and stick with it for them I suppose. However, deep inside I really hate acting like that... but I also look at the stereotypes of masculinity and I hate that as well - I know a person can be 'androgynous' (high traits of masculinity and femininity)... but that doesn't really appeal to me either.

I just don't know how to act - I hate being feminine but I have no desire to be masculine, even if I look "deep inside myself" I will never truly figure out the answer. I'm confident I want to remain of the Male sex and am fine with being biromantic, but otherwise... I just feel confused about gender.

That didn't turn out to be so brief hm.

2. Jameson

I'm kind of going through a similar thing. I think I still want to be male, and I'm pretty sure I'm comfortable with my penis, however I'm in utter love with women's 18th century fashions and don't know if I would want to wear them or not. Heck, I'm not sure if I want to cross-dress or not :/

Anyways, if you hate acting feminine but don't want to act masculine, do whatever you like, and act however you want. It might take time but try not to worry and overthink like I am.

BTW, I've noticed a bout of gender confusion here on EC, have you noticed? Maybe it's widespread, because I saw pictures of Kanye West wearing a leather skirt and leggings during a show :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is quite a big gap between the two extremes. While I am very comfortable in my gender identity, I am no Arnold Schwarzenegger. Being slim and cute appeals to me, but I don't feel the need to call myself "feminine." It's possible to identify as male while liking things that aren't monster trucks or multi-barreled machine guns.

4. DhammaGamer

Why do you have to be any extreme at all? What is masculine? What is feminine? Just put it behind you and just do your thing. I feel like when someone says they "don't want to be feminine" what they are really saying is "I don't want others to view me as effeminate". Just act how you wanna act and bugger all to the haters.

5. jvn95

Just be you! :slight_smile:

I don't like extremes of either.

6. RainbowMan

As mentioned already - just be yourself and be true to yourself. Exactly what is masculine or feminine? Labels that perhaps you don't fit, and there's a spectrum of things in between. That's what makes humanity so beautiful!