1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm completely out as trans!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ashton, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Ashton

I've been out to a few friends and family for a few weeks now, and last night I went out with a couple friends drinking & had a bit of trouble. A couple drunk guys started shouting stuff at me like 'you're not fooling anyone with that voice' which was pretty devastating but aside from that it was an awesome night. I met a big group of lads that knew I'm trans (they asked if I was male or female and I explained) & straight away accepted me and we joined their party.
    Towards the end of the night I was having a bit of trouble with drunk people so I decided to call it a night and come home. Went to a kebab place on the way and managed to get some ultra religious Muslims to accept transgender-ism! (they too noticed my voice and started questioning me about it).
    Anyway... came home and put a really ranty status up on Facebook about the annoying drunk guys from before... woke up to loads of messages of support.. I had effectively come out on Facebook and not realized! I'm so unbelievably happy :slight_smile:

2. Saviour

Saviour Guest

That's so exciting!
    I'm happy for you:slight_smile:

But I'm sorry you had to deal with a bunch of drunken morons, it shows how little control some people have.
    I hope everything goes well for you!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fantastic that the group accepted you. Sounds like you had an awesome evening despite the bit of trouble towards the end. It's wonderful that your coming out has gone so well. :slight_smile:

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Drunk people are just drunk people. Don't worry about them. And it's really brave of you to have done so... I'm still plucking up the courage. I hope no one gives you a rough time over it and good luck!