1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens when you start transition? (FtM)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Saviour, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Saviour

Saviour Guest

I've been really looking into the actual process of transitioning.
    My therapist who I've been seeing on this subject has already told me that he believes 'from the bottom of the heart' that if I went through the transition process, not only would I be happier, but he thinks that some of my 'mental disorders' developed because of the years of self hate revolving around being stuck as someone I wasn't suppose to be.

I've looked online, but I can't find any good articles about the transition phases.
    If someone knows a link or knows some information, or even have gone through the process could I have a heads up on what happen over the course of the years it takes? And how many years does it normally take?

2. Yamato

I don't really know much yet, Im still researching the transtion process but this is basically what I found.
    The transition process is different for most people, though most people start with hormone replacment therapy. Some people find that HRT is enough whereas other people have surgery to make their body more masucline.

Hope that helps slightly I can't give you any useful websites my history clears itself so I can't find them but try typinf 'FtM transition' into google