1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to accept my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by marcos220000, Dec 29, 2012.

1. marcos220000

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,
    I'm a gay man but all my life I've felt more identified with women. I like them better (not sexually), I get along with them better and I actually wished at one point I were one.
    But I don't want a sex change. I want to be more comfortable with my inborn gender.

Has anyone gone through something similar?

2. Deaf Not Blind

no, i have wanted a penis since i was abt 11.
    i identified with men from the start...women are different, men interesting. thats how i saw it as a toddler.
    i don't want surgeries and medicines, i wish God would just let me wake up male.

but I'm sure someone else's here can help

3. jvn95

I'm kind of going through something similarish?

It's scares the F*** out of me to explore it.

But yes, I feel all my life I have identified better with women, but as far as wishing I was one... Idk about that. Still getting there.

Could be a gay thing because alot of gay men idenitfy with women better. But then again, it could be something deeper?...

Who knows

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2012 at 11:43 PM ----------

Oh.

And as far as trying to be more comfortable with your "inborn gender".

Gender is a social construct and if you really are trans and identify as woman or something else later, that is your inborn gender, the gender you were born with and what you are most comfortable with.

And if you are uncomfortable with being male. There's not much that will "make" you comfortable with it.