1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Issues

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by castle walls, Jan 14, 2013.

1. castle walls

Hey everyone

I realized that I don't really understand my gender. I've read some threads on the matter and tried to do my own research but it feels like I'm just not getting it. I feel no attachment to gender what so ever.

I also don't feel much attachment to my biological sex. If I woke up with male parts it wouldn't bother me. It'd be irritating at first because I wouldn't be use to them but after I got user to them it wouldn't bother me. Any clue what this means?

2. OutwardSmiles

I'm no expert here, but it sounds like you may be agender, which basically means you don't have a gender. Read about that or look at some threads on it and see what you think. That's really all the advice I can give. Hope you figure it out! I'm trying to figure out the exact same thing!

3. castle walls

I've heard of the term agender before. I think I hesitate to identify as that because I'm not sure yet. I don't how it feels to strongly identify as a gender.

4. Deaf Not Blind

then wait. no reason to hurry. i think i am transgender, but i was not fully sure when i started on EC in April. I thought maybe bigender could be right too, but as time goes on i feel more and more no i am not a girl really, i just am more used to it. so it does sound like maybe you are agender, but never know.

5. mothcaterpillar

I wish this could happen to me, would be a bit awkward but it would make my life less complicated.

it sounds like you are Agender

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l feel more ore less the same.

Less in that l actual do feel "male]'. When l was younger it was more of an issue. l was pretty weird and didn't relate with girls.

Some of this changes as you have life experiences AS a girl, do you KWIM? It may not be innate but you are able to relate with them in ways men can't when you've had experiences that only women have(and in this way some gender identity is conditioning.)

So honestly l think some people can have a gender identity that doens't match the physical appearance and just not care (l think a lot of gay men are this way). l know it isn't right to call them ''girls'' because they aren't but l've had gay male friends who were WAY more feminine than me in some regards(good friends).

It was kind of like an unspoken thing, l knew that they were ''really'' women and they knew that l'm basically a man.

But, each of us had traits like our bio sex at some times. l think this is a gift for most gay or bi people.

Just look a like you have the gift of perspective.

Sometimes l can't believe how limited women can be in their thinking when it comes to understanding men and how some just CAN'T think like them. Get taken advantage of, etc. Can't make any true male friends.

Something creepy:l think l actually enjoy looking like a woman specifically because l feel male. Because it's what l'm attracted to, l think the way l look is sexy and sometimes l feel like a creeper in my own body:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#6 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  7. Deaf Not Blind

^ Um, some of what you said is really offensive...for lack of better word. gayness and gender identity is not the same, and you have here pretty much rolled it all together as same thing. wanna unravel it now? gay men are not women, gay women are not men....and transmen are not women who get women either just in case you would infer that one next.

8. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    it's offensive if you want it to be offensive and it's pretty easy to want to be offended, isn't it? lt feels good.

Why exactly are you the one who gets to decide that it's offensive? Does that mean that you understand someone's gender identity (or lack thereof)better than they do?

l'm not allowed to be "male" and a biological woman and not care about it? A gay man can't be more similar to a woman in nearly every way and never declare himself as transgendered? Because?

Because it undermines the idea of being transgender and if those people don't change they're ''wrong'' or not supporting it somehow.

You don't pick up on the nuances. People like that exist everywhere.

And people who are trans exist too, it doesn't mean you get to label someone else or tell us that we can't just not care about our gender if that's what we feel like doing.

For us to be politically correct l understand that we must now LABEL these people as having a gender identity issue or not call them the opposite of their biological sex unless they IDENTIFY that way, but it would be nice if you could understand that some people don't care about those labels and by being offended you're acting like everyone should think of gender in the way you do.

You're also acting like you know the people l was talking about. Was l talking about anyone you know? l said l was talking about people l know.

Of course l know that gay men aren't "girls" and vice versa. l didn't say all, anyway. l said MY FRIENDS. You know my friends better than l do? lnteresting. What do you think l should Michael for his birthday?

l don't think there is anyone around who doesn't understand that a gay man is not female.*

So surely you could choose to understand that l'm implying some are more female than male in character...

Or you could choose to interpret my statement on a purely literal level in which case you are enraged that l've muddled the sacred gender boxes:eek:

*Anywhere. On Planet Earth. At all. Ever.

#8 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013