1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there gay men who date trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Madeleine, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Madeleine

Hi everyone, so...I found this site because something happened today and it has happened before. I am trans, and almost all the way in the closet (which is why I am happy to have found this site:slight_smile: ) and I am usually considered a straight boi. Anyways...gay men sometimes flirt with me. One man once pursued me as if I was a girl, even though I was acting straight (he opened doors for me, pulled out chairs) and then we talked on the phone a lot and I told him I liked him and he told me he loved me, and I told him I was trans and he was disgusted. He said he was gay and he only liked men. Then he wanted to save face, or maybe he was confused, and he said a couple days later that he loved the boi me (using my boi name.) With him I had never dressed up or come out as trans, except when I told him I was trans on the phone. So...that didn't lead to where it wanted. I came out to him, both as attracted to him and then as trans.
    And now, I think this cute man is into me. And if he is into me, he's into the boi me, which is only because I am not out of the closet. Any ideas or suggestions (except for the obvious, come out and be full time trans, because I'm still working on that :slight_smile: )

2. mothcaterpillar

There was a question on the anonymous section asking about men.dating non operated ftm guys and some said yes so i.guess they might

3. PurpleCrab

I read your question and aye you got yourself in a funny little mess didn't you? I ask you to be more careful in the future though; how many horror stories I've read about trans girls like you who went ahead and dated somebody, only that the somebody got frustrated and it ended badly. At least this man didn't take it out on you.

My thoughts are, if he's a gay man, he's right to feel betrayed because he was expecting to be dating another man, not a woman in a man's body. You should let it go and be more clear about who you are and what you want, in the future. If you're not able to do that maybe you should take a break from dating until you can.

On the other hand, why would you go ahead and date a man? Aren't you a lesbian?

Honest, girl, you should step back and think this through.

(and to answer your title question, gay men would date transmen (ftm), not transwomen; they are gay!)

4. SomeNights

You know had you asked me that question about a year ago the answer would have been "not a chance". Of course it'd would have also been followed by some ass whole comments and snickering.

Now, I'm not really sure. It'd really depend on the person and I'd have to be clear and spell out exactly what I was looking for and make sure that I knew what I was going into. Oh, and the comments wouldn't cross my mind at all now :slight_smile:

5. Madeleine

I'm not lesbian. maybe I'm bi. Anyways, he chased me hardcore and I had never told anyone except for a gender therapist and men I had met online about being trans...so I was very vulnerable. For all he knew before was he was chasing a straight boi. I didn't chase him, he chased me. In one of the emails before I even said directly that I was into him, I flirtingly said I'd be his housewife. And we emailed and we talked more and more, him texting me and calling me every day, at one point I told him directly I was attracted to him and then at another point he told me he loved me. And then I told him I was trans.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

And now...there's this doctor who is flirting with me. And he's cute. And I guess if he comes onto me I'll tell him before I tell him I like him, that I'm trans. That way I won't get my heartbroken.

6. Ericisgay

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am gay...But I have had many relationships with MtF trans girls. Then again I live in thailand so these ladies are quite normal and a lot hotter then the guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: