1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So sure I was trans... now I think I'm genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ashton, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ashton

Heyhey!

I have been 'out' as a transmale for a couple months now, but I'm starting to feel quite feminine again. I thought from the beginning that I was definitely male because I have always been very tomboyish blah blah but I defo think I'm genderfluid.

I don't know how to explain this to my friends that have been accepted me as transmale. I don't have the desire to transition anymore but I do love presenting as male a lot of the time.

How do I explain it to them?

When I 'came out' it all happened very quickly which is not what I wanted. I wanted to explore my gender but I was thrown into the transmale category straight away so accepted that.

2. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people
    So sure I was genderqueer, now I think I'm a transman. XD

hmm. I sometimes feel as you say you do. I am more comfortable when I look like a man and am read as one, but I am quite feminine in the way I talk and behave sometimes- sometimes the way I want to dress.

This is just a thought, but perhaps you have become comfortable enough in your masculinity to not deny your feminine side?

3. Ashton

Hmm I thought that but I do miss wearing makeup and dress shopping but I think I should just explore it and find out.

4. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. I do not think it would be bad to do that. For what it is worth, I am acquainted with a transman who occasionally wears drag (makeup, women's clothes, etc.) but he does consider it drag and not being a woman again for a while.

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I'm kind of in the same position. Ive gone from ftm to feeling genderqueer again. Its confusing but theres nothing wrong with us. This is just how we feel. Hopefully things will work out soon

6. Ashton

How did you go about telling people that you're presenting as both? I think my friends are gonna be pretty confused D: