1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I could just quit gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eatthechildren, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Eatthechildren

I can't do this anymore... I just want to be normal. Not in this horrible state of flux where the moment I find a label I'm happy with, it stops fitting.

I hate my body. It's so female.
    But if I transitioned I'd be miserable on femme days.
    Sometimes I see andro people and it makes me want to cry.
    Because what can I do?
    Cut off my breasts?
    Sand down my hips?
    Carve out this horrible sex?
    I want to.
    But I can't for obvious reasons.

I hate this so much.
    I wish I was normal.
    Or binary.
    Or in some sort of way that I CAN TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT.

I don't know what to do.

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi. I'm sorry you feel this way. But no one is really "norma"l we are all different which makes life more interesting. Just because your're born female doesn't mean you have to act, dress, talk ..., like a female apparently should. Gender identity or sexuality is not split into "labels" but into a diverse spectrum. If your want to talk to someone about it just tell them how you feel. I don't know if this has help but I hope you find happiness soon.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you need your body to match your mind at all times? I'm fairly manly, and even on my "femme" days (where I like cute girly stuff and feel fairly alienated with macho-ness) I don't feel like a stranger to my body. Maybe it's because I'm not trans, but I sort of understand the desire to do away with gender expectations.

4. LailaForbidden

I'm sorry you are going through this and I just want to offer my deepest support (&&&) and hugs! (*hug*)(*hug*)

5. Eatthechildren

It's not really expectations of such... It's more needing a word. An identity. I feel like a ghost that's forgotten it's own name.

6. Munyal

I think you should do what you want. If you feel like being a girl one day, be a girl. If you want to be a guy the next, why not? I don't see any problem with it. If that sort of constantly changing appearance doesn't work for you, I'm out of advice. I'm not too good at this sort of thing.