1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cynder, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Cynder

I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find a chest binder. I have usually just been wearing hoodies and such, but when it gets warmer that will be very uncomfortable, and I am hoping to get a binder so I can wear more normal shirts. I am looking for a good one relatively cheap, and preferably one you don't have to use a credit card to buy? Any advice would help. :thumbsup:

2. It depends where you live. There may be something for you in your local area but you'll have to find it for yourself. Otherwise, you might be able to email a website to see if you can make any special arrangements to buy one.

3. Eatthechildren

You could make your own! Most of the tutorials are really hard and take some sewing skills, but I've found a way to make them out of tights (You call them pantyhose in america or something? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Basically, get them with the same hips size as your shoulders, and then cut out the crotch and cut off the legs, and wear it like a top. That's what I've been doing and it's fine as long as you don't wear it for too long :slight_smile:

But really, just don't use ace bandages.

4. There are some sites that give away used ones for free, but the sites I've found so far you have to be eighteen.

So, it's worth searching around. I just used google.

5. Cynder

Alright thanks, I might try making one. I appreciate it.

6. Yamato

You could try the morf binder scheme, they get donations of used binders and give them to FtMs who need them, you have to pay for postage but it istn't much though you have to pay with pay pal. I am pretty certain they will ship world wide. The only problem is they rely on donations so may not have the correct size.

7. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A technique used to bind would also be wearing two sports bras, one your size and one a size smaller. Wear the size smaller on top of the one your size, and that should sustain pretty well. You can also do triple, your choice of the perfect size or a size smaller. Try to pull the third one down though if you're going to do triple. It should flatten your chest more. If it feels too tight on you, try to make the third one your size. If it still feels too tight, then maybe you're just better off with two only.

Hope I helped.

8. Cynder

Thanks. I will try these and see of they work. :slight_smile:

9. wocket

wocket Guest

I got mine from underworks

this only works if you can pay with a card online

*also as a side note, I've heard horror stories of people injuring themselves with ace bandages, so I encourage you to reasearch online whatever methods you choose just in case.