1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so done with gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eatthechildren, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Eatthechildren

I am 658% done with gender -_-

Some days, I just feel 100% binary female. I feel fine in my body, being called she, etc. These days really upset me. I get paranoid that I'm not Trans* enough. Not Trans* at all. I get anxious that I'll have to go around, un-coming out. But at the time, I feel grateful for how comfortable I am in my body on those days.

Other days I feel male. My feelings towards my body vary from being fine with presenting as female, to wanting to cry over my body, my hips, the way people spit the word "woman" down my throat.

And then I have days where I feel like neither. Both. Other. And these are the days that are the best. I know who I am. Queer. And on some of those days, I feel so comfortable with who I am, and what I am. And other days I feel so uncomfortable with it.

And honestly... This wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the fact that it keeps changing. I just want a label that fits and feels right.

It's so hard to like yourself when you don't know who you are.

2. Cynder

I'm not sure. Maybe genderfluid would fit you better?

3. J Snow

I don't want to make assumptions about your gender but you seem to be describing being gender fluid.

4. Mandy

Your agender and you probably do not fit into either. I am no expert, but you might want to learn more about you inside. That is the true person! Learn more about your own personality, and accept it! Once you learn who you really are, the rest will come easy.

5. Zontar

You could just be a female who enjoys one role or the other once in a while. Like picking out a shirt. Could be a style thing. Wearing blue shirts doesn't automatically make you a transman, for example.

6. I agree with the posters who say that it sounds like being genderfluid.

And don't ever let anyone tell you you're not trans* enough. That's ridiculous. Trans* is a huge umbrella term that covers a lot of people and a lot of different identities. And if your gender identity doesn't completely match the one you were given, then you fall under that umbrella.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I feel the same way a lot of times, which is why I like to consider myself agender (or almost genderfluid) though I'm okay with being biologically/physically female.

And yeah, there's no such thing as "being Trans* enough". I'm not surprised people have the audacity to say shite like that.

8. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds pretty genderfluid, AKA genderqueer, LIKE ME. :grin:

Trust me, I got done with gender too.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You've pretty much described how I feel. I've just learned to go with the flow and act how I feel that day. It's helped be out a ton. I really didn't worry about it a label. It just came to me one day. I read about it on the internet and it fit me perfectly.