1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions About Testosterone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wocket, Mar 6, 2013.

1. wocket

wocket Guest

I've stopped attempting to define my gender as anything other than "whatever forever", but I know I want to present / pass as male-ish

And I know I want a lower voice

Not like movie-announcer low, just within a male range

Is it possible to go on a low dose of T with the intention of stopping once I'm happy with my voice?

How does one even get a script for T?

Or if I go on a low dose, will I level out pretty fast, or will changes continue indefinately?

I really don't want extra body hair

My dad is a pretty furry guy so I don't think genetics are on my side with that one

Basically what are some users experiences with T?

2. Niko

I'm not on T so I'm not really sure, but I know that once you take T you can stop. If no one here gives you much info on it, you can go to YouTube and check out uppercaseCHASE1. He's a transguy who talks about going on and off T in several videos. So he might be able to help answer your questions. :slight_smile:

Now getting a script for T, you need to see a gender therapist and they'll diagnose you.

3. wocket

wocket Guest

The only gender therapist I know of in my area is a regular at the coffee shop where I work

Bjkjhftimjinhdtuv

Awkward flailing

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2013 at 12:36 PM ----------

On a side note

I already pass as male like 80% of the time due to my hair, clothes and chest binder

Granted, I get called "buddy" a lot,

But whatever. They think I'm a boy!

Until I speak, that is. Sigh

4. Niko

Hmm...you can always be aware of your voice, around others. Like try to train it to go deeper, without it sounding forced. That's what I've been trying to do...not sure if it works, because I'm still seen as a chick |: but hey, you can give it a shot till you're on T.

5. GayJay

Well, You can start T then go off it again when you are happy with it. It wont go higher after coming off T, but the thickness and rate your body and facial hair comes through at the point when you stop T will also stay the same too.
    So if you go on T then stop, you will have the voice you want but more body hair.

6. wocket

wocket Guest

As long as I don't have a beard I am OK!

7. Theodora

Facial hair tends to start coming in pretty early, especially on the upper lip area. :confused: It does depend on your genetics though.

As for getting a prescription, depending on where you are you might be able to find an Informed Consent clinic that won't require you to be diagnosed with anything or jump through hoops if you're sure about what you want.
    I found this list a while ago if you're in the US and it also explains how it works: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/932389/Trans/Stepping Forward - Informed Consent Clinics.pdf

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try looking up Transgendered F2M voice training programs online. If money is an issue a good place to look is on youtube for self-help videos. I've been using those to get my voice into a feminine pitch for a while now. As for finding a gender therapist you might need to drive a bit in order to find a doctor that can help. My therapist is about 4 hours away. :confused: Luckily he allows skyping, so it might help to see if a therapist that's far away allows something like that after 1 visit. Good luck! ^_^