1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Maq89, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Maq89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been having trouble lately coming to terms with wanting to be a woman or feeling like I was born in the wrong body. All these insecurities are coming up, ie: will a man ever want me? Am I a freak? Why can't I be happy with who I am? I just don't know what to do and it scares me because I don't feel like me anymore and I don't want to lose anyone I care about

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best answers, in order:

Yes, a man will want you. Plenty of people on here are open to dating trans men and women, myself included if I ever have the chance.

No, you're not a freak. The "T" is in "LGBT" because it's quite common.

You CAN be happy; you'll just have to be diligent about the way you see yourself. You do not exist to live up to the world's expectations.

Tell yourself that you are strong, even if you feel you aren't. Every day you wake up and take on life is another point scored against adversity. And if you ever feel overwhelmed, know that you are loved. (*hug*)

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sweetie... (*hug*) There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with what you're feeling at all. We all go through these fears and I can tell you my acceptance stage was a living nightmare, but we get through it. The hardest person to come out to about this sort of issue is yourself, but once you do it gets better. It's always a little awkward at first, but I promise it gets better. I came out to myself two months ago, and was really afraid for a long time, but now I can't imagine myself feeling like a man again. We wish that we could just be happy with ourselves the way that we are because it'd be easier, and change scares all of us. I can't describe to you the amount of euphoria that comes from self-acceptance though. On this website I get to be the woman that I am inside and I'm almost always positive, but once you put me back in the real world as a boy I feel horrible and uncomfortable. It's really a change for the better and no one here is going to judge you for being trans* and of course men will go for you! There's plenty of 'em out there and all of them different. Just know that here, when you need help or just someone to talk to we're always ready to help you, sweetie. I hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon... (*hug*)

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome the EC maq89 (*hug*)

It will be okay. You are not a freak. I went through the same things your feeling now. Not knowing who or even what I am. It comes in waves with me dear.

Best thing I found is always talk it out to people you know or here on the EC. We have many people who has been where we both are, and have gone on to become who they are meant to be.

patience is key.

I also understand that is not an easy thing to do nor hear.

But remember the EC is a safe place to ask questions, and all we wish to do is help you through this amazing journey.

Be Well :slight_smile:

#4 Rachyl, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's ok hun, we've all been there. (*hug*) If you feel like a woman than you are one, body be damned. There are plenty of men out there that would gladly take someone as sweet as you. As for being a freak, no, you are not. No one is born in the perfect body. Just like someone who is born conjoined or without legs, you simply suffer from a physical disability. What you are feeling is something called Gender Dysphoria. It is the feeling that your gender identity does not match your outside appearance. You can be happy with the person you are on the inside; but if you are in the wrong genders body it become very difficult to be happy with what you see in the mirror. The first thing you need to do is to come to terms with who you really are. What do you feel like on the inside? The answer to who you are is in your heart, not what your eyes or others are telling you.

You do not have to be stuck in the body you are in though, nor do you have to abandon everyone you love by coming out. Before you come out to others though you need to come out to yourself. Once you are ready to tell your friends/family come back and let us know. We will be happy to help you with how to approach them. Everyone who is Trans* has gone through what you are feeling. Being scared with what you see is all apart of the Dysphoria. Just remember, you are not in this alone. (&&&)

6. Cynder

If you are trans* it will be hard, but people will want you and yo are completely like th rest of us, and not a freak at all. But for you part of no knowing who you are, you hav o explore and find that out. No one can tell you that you are a man or a woman or anything else, and you have to be sure and confident that you are right, and that you feel the way you do. :slight_smile: