1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally starting to be seen as me!!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Katelynn, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Katelynn

OK so yesterday, had to have bloodwork taken for having my blood sugar levels checked. After getting the paperwork from my doctor's office, I headed over to the lab to get the blood taken. After walking into the lab & handing my paperwork to the first nurse, I went to the small room behind to sit down in the char & have my blood taken. The second nurse comes in &, quite expectedly, she starts chatting & getting the vials ready to be labeled. Suddenly, she stopped cold as she looked down at the sheet, turned to me & asked 'Why is there a man's name on your paperwork?' (I havent been able to afford my legal name change yet, so it still appears as Chris or Christopher on everything, in this case it was obvs the latter). So, quite calmly I explained that it was the right name & why it said that. Well, needless to say, she was very surprised & couldn't believe it. If it hadn't been for being outed by my own name, a trained nurse holding a needle & standing 5 inches from me wouldn't have know I used to be male. It was a HUGE ego boost to say the least, but still mixed with the bitterness of having to still be outed sort of.

The next thing just happened tonite. I called ahead to make sure my HRT prescription was ready & after arriving a half hour later at the pharmacy to pick them up, the girl at the counter assisting me was informed by her boss that the person (me) who had called ahead (to which her referred to as 'he') hadnt given permission for someone else to pick up the prescription for them. The girl turned to me & I then explained to her that I was the person who called & they were for me. She went oh, ok! & handed me my HRT meds & rang them up. She then told me she thought my winter coat was so cute! So the last couple days were kind of neat & really nice to finally see others seeing me as who & what I really am & always have been - A GIRL!!! (!)(!)(!)

I have another issue with dating & my being trans, etc I need to talk/vent about, but I'll do that in another thread when I have a bit more time...

2. Theodora

Congratulations! (*hug*)

I can tell how happy you are and it's great that it all went well.

3. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is great news! :icon_bigg I'm so happy for you hun! (*hug*) And just think; when that name change happens you will be passing 100% of the time! X3

4. castle walls

That is fantastic news! Congrats!

5. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well to make you feel even better, I've always thought you were a girl (from the looks of your profile picture) Like really I had no idea you were MtF

6. Congrats sweetie! I'm so glad for you :slight_smile:

7. AshesofAshley

That is so exciting, I am so happy for you!

8. Just Jess

I've been off for a few days but I'm so happy for you!

9. justjade

Sweet! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! :grin:

10. SilverGirl

aww congratulations honey! i feel so happy for you!

11. curlycats

congrats! i can imagine how happy you must be. :slight_smile: i hope things continue to go well for you.