1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(FTM) Can you explain what it feels like to "FEEL LIKE A MAN"?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kimdepot, Mar 14, 2013.

1. kimdepot

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I had always been so sure that i was transgender, until I decided to do a bit of research.

Lots of people are saying that "I just knew i was a boy", or "I feel like a man". The thing is, I've never really FELT like I was a man, infact, I don't even know how it feels like to FEEL like a woman. I've known since i was like 2 or 3 that i have a female body therefore i'm a girl. But I've always WANTED to be a boy and because i feel like the image of a boy fits me better. I hated wearing dresses because it's an insult to my masculinity. Basically anything that is associated with femininity feels uncomfortable to me. Is that what it feels like to "FEEL LIKE A MAN"?

2. Niko

Hmm...well I never really thought of it. I always just thought that the way I thought was similar to how guys thought and acted. In fact whatever you said I can relate to a lot. I too never knew what it felt like to be a woman. I never understand their likings for things. I never and will never understand their want to be a mother and want not. Not saying ALL women want to have children, but I certainly think that pregnancy is the weirdest thing ever, and it grosses me out.

So I believe that whatever you're experiencing is how it feels to be like a man. Everyone is different. And so if you think that you're a man, then you are.

3. kimdepot

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This ! that's exactly how I feel like. I feel like i can relate to guys better. I thought that i wasn't transgender because i don't "feel" like a guy.

4. Niko

The amount of masculine or feminine traits someone has shouldn't matter. I know for a fact that I am not the manliest man out there; but I still believe I'm a guy on the inside.

So if you truly believe that you're a guy, trapped in a woman's body then you are trans enough. :slight_smile:

5. Homo Novus

I totally relate to those feelings 100%. Personally, I identify as "gender-queer" or "androgynous". I'm even considering taking small doses of T as an androgen.

But really, no one can tell you what you are except for you, you know? If you say you are trans, then you're trans. If you say you're a man, you're a man. Many labels exist out there, and they are what you make of them. Choose one that suits you. Or avoid them altogether, because who cares?

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

.. I don't even know what "feeling like a man" is. But I still feel like a boy? I can't describe it. I don't relate with most "female" things if we're going based on gender stereotypes.

I honestly feel more androgynous/genderqueer than anything, though I lean more towards male. I feel much more comfortable with male pronouns and being seen as male.

7. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol dude your 17... so your still a boy... youve still got some years to go before you feel like a man...

im real masculine... and i think personally that feeling like a man/guy is how a man would approach the situation... example : going shopping, hunting, sports, video games, chores etc..

and men do things different from boys too

anyways, that what i think ...maybe im wrong? who knows...

8. kimdepot

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah, I would say that i approach things in a way that most men would. :lol:

9. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well, there you go... your a DUDE...

either that or some butch chick...(no offence, if there any one here)

it also how you look at sexual intercourses ... do you feel like you should have a D**k? and how chicks love it? and would worship it?
    (not sure whether my text is over rated but hey its along the same topic)

10. Cynder

It is really hard for me, because I don't fit into that super masculine role. I feel kinda like the stereotypical feminine gay boy. My best friend growing up actually turned out to be gay, and he was always more feminine than me, but I'm not really that masculine at all. Because of this, I often doubt myself, and how I feel, but I really don't feel like I should be a girl, I feel like I should be a boy no matter how "feminine" or "girly" I am.

11. kimdepot

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ha ha I was never comfortable thinking about having sex with another female WITH my female body (i like girls though). I thought i was what lesbians would call "a stone butch". But when i imagine myself having a penis and have sex using my penis, everything feels right. :lol:

12. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    its not the way you act that makes you a guy or a chick..

ive some pretty fem straight mates who hook up with chicks infront of me...

its just how you feel inside ya that makes you who you are...:thumbsup:

13. kimdepot

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah, some of the things that i do aren't exactly masculine either (i don't like sport at all, I HATE getting dirty, and i'm dead afraif of cockroaches etc). But i've always feel like i should have been born a boy.:bang:

14. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol... ummm not all guys are into sports, some of my mates hate getting wet... some are paranoid bout their hair... i personally dont like getting my nails dirty ....and we are all men..

hmmm... its how you think mentally or emotionally that determines who you are...

wish i could have a conference call with you guys so i could help you guys ....

damn i feel like an older brother looking out on my younger bro's :icon_lol:

15. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I have these thoughts too.

We shouldn't try to determine our gender and what we feel like just based on stereotypes. If you know you're a boy, you're a boy.

I read something from a transman the other day on Tumblr going, "You know what? I am a guy, and that's right, I love wearing feminine clothing and I'd much rather wear the purple shirt than the teal one. Because that's what I prefer, and I'm still male. Fuck stereotypical bs." (Or something related to that.)

If you know, you know!

16. kimdepot

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    lol yeah it's the inside that counts. But since i still have a female body so i guess i'm kind of self conscious and trying to act tough. lol

17. pl66

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    No clue, sometimes I step into those male roles and I do them awkward. Even though I know I am a girl, I do not know what it means to be one, due to the fact that I never experienced things that girls normally do when they grow up. But it does not change the fact that I still feel like a girl.

18. sguyc

It feels like god flipped a coin. And I won.