1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by reddhawk, Mar 18, 2013.

1. reddhawk

reddhawk Guest

I'm afraid of starting hormone replacement therapy. Although I was born male, I've always felt female. I dress and act as a female. Yet, I am having this fear about hormones. I was wondering if anyone else has felt the same way before taking hormones. Is this a rational fear?:help:

2. person54

I think that what you are describing is really rationale. Taking hormones is a big decision and obviously you do not want to be doing it if you are not doing it for yourself or if you feel something's not right about taking hormones for you but there's other reasons to feel nervous as well. I know I had fears, I worried that I was not living in a safe space to begin taking hormones, I knew I wanted to but I worried about if I was ready, I worried about health consequences and a million other things.

HRT is a big thing that people have to work hard to get and do a lot of thinking about and I think it's understandable that you have some fear about it, I'd just think about why you feel you are afraid.

I know I felt pressure not to discuss these things with my therapist, family, doctor etc... so just in case you have a similar situation I'd just say no matter what you decide just make sure you remember it's okay to feel nervous about it and spend time thinking about it.

3. Niko

Well I'm not on T yet, but I know what you mean. I want to be a guy really bad, but I do fear starting T. I think it's the fear of the unknown and if I'm "doing the right thing?" I say if you're not 100% ready for it, hold off until you know for sure that, that is what you want.

4. DhammaGamer

That heeby jeeby feeling goes away once you see how amazng hrt effects are on your body. Hard to really convey how transformative and amazing hormones really are. I would show you a picture of me a year ago but I'm scared of it getting out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Suffice to say, my family, and most of my old friends, don't recognize me anymore lol