1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SpitfireXSoarin, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been feeling weird about this for a while and wanted some advice. I think I may be trans but when I listen to other transgendered girls talk they always describe knowing since an extremely early age. I have always had my parents tease me about "girly" things that I did so I tried to push them out of my life. I do many of the things that my parents see as feminine like watching girly shows and writing drama and romance in secret. Now, since puberty I find myself hating the changes that happen (hair, voice, ect) and wander about my gender. I have had these feelings off and on and would gladly become a girl if I had the chance. I'm so confused.:help:

2. GiddyGreen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not everyone can identify themselves at an early age. And just because you don't it doesn't mean that you're less Trans* then the others who do. It's a difficult thing to do, especially growing up in a society of gender rolls, people who mock you for acting outside of you biological gender norm and this expectation that because you have a penis you're a boy, and a vagina means you're a girl. If you feel like you are a girl, you're a girl. Nobody can tell you your gender but you.

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I needed that. (*hug*)

4. GiddyGreen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem. ^^ I'm happy I was able to help you a little c:

5. Theodora

Don't worry, I never knew anything at an early age either. To be honest I didn't really know anything at your age either, I was content just being pretty and androgynous alot of the time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But you said you know you would gladly become a girl if you had the chance, so you don't have much to be confused about. Your feelings are what count, not whether they fit into a cliche. :slight_smile:

6. Niko

Everyone is different. :slight_smile: If you feel like a woman trapped in man's body, then you are trans* enough. It doesn't matter how you identified back then,whether you remember or not, it's how you feel now.

7. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about it. I had the same problem. I did girly things as a child and tried to push them out of my life because I was ridiculed by my family for doing them. It's not fair when that happens, but it's ok. We all find ourselves at different times and it's alright. What matters is that you be yourself; that person that you know in your heart that you are, and everything will be ok. It took me a LONG time to get over the feeling that I HAD to remember feeling like a girl and doing girly things as a child in order really be trans* but the thread really helped me to get over that.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-orientation-gender-identity-support/87654-transgender-reasons-you-know-you.html

It's a little wordy, but it's great for people dealing with this particular issue. I hope it helps sweetie! (*hug*)