1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Stand This Dysphoria Anymore

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Valkyrimon, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, these last few days have been really shitty dysphoria-wise. It's been far worse than normal and I can barely sit-straight without writhing in this skin. I feel like I have vomit for blood and it just... it hurts. I feel as if it almost physically hurts and I'm going insane. I don't know what I can do to try and relieve this pain, however briefly.

Does anyone have any techniques for tackling dysphoria? I'm still stuck on the NHS' cycle of shit to sift through before they actually want to take me seriously, so I still have a while to wait for hormones and such...

2. Niko

Personally, I just try to take my mind off it. Whether it's drawing, writing, playing video games, walking outside. Anything works as long as I don't think about my dysphoria while doing it.

Not sure what kind of hobbies you do, but maybe you can try doing some of them. :\

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree focus on hobbies and do things that make you feel feminine. Nothing make me feel better than a little grooming when I'm having extreme dysphoria. I hope you feel better sweetie! You can talk to me if you need to vent some stress. (*hug*)

4. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wear male clothing ... You are probably past the clothes so I'm probably not helping ... I also train my arms ... But you're MtF so you probably can't use that either. I'm sorry I have nothing good to say to help you. I wish I could. :frowning2: (*hug*)

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

For me, I try to take my mind off the subject... I distract myself with games, or write music, or mess around on the internet.

I'm really sorry. I've been dealing with dysphoria lately myself, especially today.
    (*hug*)

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I get dysphoric, I write. It's a good way to vent in a healthy way and for me, it helps push out some of my best work. Turn to your hobbies and interests as the others said. Video games and music helps me out as well.

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I found getting my ears pierced and retail therapy always does me some good hon. But I know that talking to people really helps when it gets so bad that you want to scream.

8. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the comments all. I find it difficult to distract myself with hobbies and stuff when I get like this. I just can't shake this feeling. Plus, I have almost no way to make myself feel more like myself. I have only one item of female clothing (a pair of jeans. No one notices, I've worn them to school so many times) and that's in the wash. I have no money and frankly my brother scares me a little when it comes to this. I'm out to him and he's not violent or anything, it's just... I dunno. I'm just so stuck.