1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria is killing me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AshesofAshley, Mar 20, 2013.

1. AshesofAshley

Usually when I have a bad, dysphoric day, I like to put on my comfy feminine pjs and read or write, and everything calms down; not today. I got out of the bath after shaving my legs and put on my feminine clothes. As I looked down I saw (from the waste down) the figure of an attractive woman, but then I glanced in the mirror and saw waste up, I wanted to vomit. I can not stand this anymore. I don't know how much longer I can handle this. The only therapist I could find doesn't take my insurance and I can't afford her out of pocket. My life is crumbling around me, my work is suffering to the point I'm about to lose my job, school suffered so bad that I had to drop my classes for the semester, and I'm so lonely that if it weren't for my 2 dogs and best friends in the whole world I'd probably go insane. I want so badly to be a woman full time

2. RainDreamer

Have you tried singing in a feminine voice? I usually do that when I am showering. Just close my eyes, and sing. It helps me refocus my mind to an image of myself being a girl, and it is also a good practice for later transition. Just close your eyes and use your imagination. Use some nice girly scent perfume/body lotion too. Convincing your other senses and the other will have an easier time to follow. If possible, have some female clothes/underwear around and wear them when you feel too horrible.

3. AshesofAshley

Yeah the girly scented body washes and lotions help a lot. I will definitely try the singing and talking softer/less masculine. It seems like until I hear myself speak or look at a mirror or chest/arms I see and feel that I'm a woman. I generally feel happy until I see myself. I just can't live my life without looking into a mirror.