1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transgender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Adrienne Jun, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Adrienne Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    when I hit puberty my breasts kept on growing in tell they were a G cup so I got a breast reduction but for some reason I'm still not totally happy even though the surgery turned out well. Some background info on me is when I was growing up I never hung out with the girls always the boys, I was what you would call a tomboy.So what I'm asking is could I posiblely be gender confused?
    Maybe when I got my surgery I was hoping that I would look more like a man.:smilewave

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well really being trans* means you usually feel like a man or have a sort of dysphoria with your body (not always though) I guess the main question would be do you feel like a man or are you uncomfortable in your body? Are there any other reasons you might be speculating you're trans*?

3. Adrienne Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well honestly I always hated the girl parts of my body and have sometimes wondered if I would be happier as a boy even going as far as wishing I had a penis is that a form of dysphoria?

4. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. When you're uncomfortable with your body (specifically your genitalia) it's called Gender Dysphoria. This is what most trans* people experience to some degree. That's why you see a lot of these threads (including my own) that talk about dysphoria and the struggle with it. Puberty is probably the most traumatic time for trans* people because the body starts to develop what we feel are the wrong parts. Dysphoria usually does get worse as we start to discover that we're trans* though. It is possible you could have GID, really what it takes to know for sure though is time and thought. Usually a trans* person will know after a certain amount of thought and reflection that they are trans*. If you can go to a therapist to deal with these issues I strongly recommend it. Just make sure they deal with transsexual issues as a specialty so they can give you a more honest diagnosis, and will not try to "cure" you of these problems. Rather they'll try to help you work through them on your own.

5. Adrienne Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for all that

6. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your welcome! If you need any more help just let me know I'll be glad to lend you an ear! :grin: