1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

such a bad night

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AshesofAshley, Mar 24, 2013.

1. AshesofAshley

I cannot stand this backwards ass town/state anymore. :bang:Last night I was assaulted, and not for the first time. This time I called the cops, fat lot of good they did me. They told me, "You are the problem here, not this man who assaulted you. You dress like a woman and parade yourself around like a woman then call us when someone finds out this woman is a man and beats the shit out of you. You people just need to face the facts and just be yourselves." I was mortified, now I should add that a younger officer came over and apologized for what the earlier officer said and gave me his personal number. If something similar happens again I will have a very attractive, young, and muscular cop, who understands our plight, come to the rescue.

So I was assaulted twice, one physically and one emotionally. My face will heal, the swelling will go down, but my feelings take a lot longer to heal.

I feel like a fairytale princess who's prince doesn't care about saving her. I wish someone nice would come along and take me away from all this pain and misery.:tears:

2. That's truly disgusting, but I'm sad to report it coincides with a lot of stories I've read over the past few months. The police just don't seem to take it seriously.
    I wish I could help, but all I can say is I'm truly sorry you had to go through that, and don't forget that no matter how bad people get, you'll always have a network of support.

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awful. I can't believe that the police would react like that... well, I can and that's truly sad. They need to remember that assault is a crime and transgenderism is not. Dumbasses need to get fired for not doing their damn job.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fucking hell :frowning2: I'm so sorry.

5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh that cop just pisses me off! :tantrum: I would seriously report what he said as harassment to his superior. I wish I was there to help put that bigoted gender elitist prick in his place. :***: I'm so sorry you have to put up with such abuse though hun. :icon_sad: I advise that you look into carrying around some sort of protection; like a taser or pepper spray. I would also ignore what that idiot troll of a cop said and look at the positives. You had a nice prince give you his personal number in case anything else happens. I would talk to him about how to handle dealing with "the Archie Bunker of Alabama". And always remember that we're here for you. (*hug*)

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear of what happened, and I can't believe (well I can, considering how people are assholes), about what the first cop said. At least that second guy was there to help. I hope nothing like this happens again. :frowning2:

7. Just Jess

Faith in humanity -1

8. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly. You can't help your gender identity. And hun, that cop doesn't know what he's talking about; you were never a man. Male anatomy doesn't make you a man your brain does.

9. Hexagon

Is there any way you can get out of that town? It sounds like your life could be in serious danger. I'm sorry you had to deal with such a bigoted cop, the last thing anyone needs is for the cops to agree with the criminals.

10. person54

That's terrible!!!! I wish people would just not hate trans women so friggin much. You didn't deserve that and I hope your doing as okay as you can be right now.

11. AshesofAshley

As of now, I am stuck here. I don't know what to do to get out of here, even if I did, I wouldn't have anywhere to go. And yes I am in fear almost constantly. I have been beaten up through the years so many times that I am kind of used to it, don't like it, but it seems like a way of life here. :icon_sad:

12. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried self-defense classes? Even some basic training might help in that kind of an environment. I would also consider looking into what gun carrying laws are like in your state. Even a small unloaded one would be enough to scare most people away. Getting beat up constantly just sounds dangerous for your physical and mental health. :icon_sad:

13. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If that happens with the police again, I'd sue. That gross neglect of an assault will probably get the person fired and leave you with a pretty penny. In fact, I feel that you should file a complaint right now. Things like this...gahhh!

14. nikom87

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you :frowning2:. I wish I had some way to help, but all I can say is I am thinking positive thoughts for you. (*hug*)

15. AshesofAshley

I have become tougher in my older age, but what happened last night was so unexpected I didn't even have time to react before I was halfway unconscious. Right now I am not even that mad about the assault as I am at what that cop said to me; still has my blood boiling. I do want to file a complaint, I am just afraid what would happen if I need the cops one day and they remember me as the freak that got their buddy fired/relocated. I don't like causing problems with anyone.

16. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure that a cop with that sort of attitude on the force isn't exactly loved by his co-workers. Why don't you call the nice cop who gave you his number and ask for his advice on what to do? I'm sure situations have came up in the past where someone had to complain about the police but had the same fears as you.

17. AshesofAshley

Thought I would give an update. I did in fact call my lawyer, a nice young hotshot friend straight from University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, jumped all over it gratis. Apparently the asshole officer has made quite a lot of trouble for himself, and this is just another match on the fire; however, I got an official apology from the Police. My face is healing nicely, the swelling is almost gone, and my heart is healing as well. Thank you all for the kind words, and support. You all really helped pull me back from the ledge. Thank you again lovelies!(&&&)

18. pl66

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Don't give up! Your life will only get better.

19. Mysz

That sounds wonderful :slight_smile: I'm so happy you took it up with a lawyer, because though our law has faults, it definitely has a LOT of bonuses. Lawyers are much less likely to discriminate against you, especially since this one was a friend of yours. Hope things will get better for you in your town and that you find a way to get out (*hug*) Hugs!