1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know if im gay or transexual.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mottec, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Mottec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    As far as i can remember I was interested in boys activities, sports, outdoors and so on. But I remember even as a boy to be a bit affectionate towards other boys. Im not doubting that Im gay, cause I get really sexually excited from touching other guys sometimes. I did have sex with a woman however and even though in the past I wouldnt get aroused, this time I was and we had it several times.

Altough Im thinking that I used to have fantasies about dressing as a woman and picking up men. Does this mean Im transsexual. Is there any way to know for sure.

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you want to be a woman, or just dress as one?

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your past and interests aren't really the indication of whether or not your trans*. You really need to think about how you FEEL. It takes a lot of time and thought to really know that you're trans*, but eventually you will come to some sort of conclusion and when you do you'll know whether you are or not. There's nothing wrong with experimenting with crossdressing and things of the like to help you reach a conclusion though.

4. Just Jess

Hi Mottec!

Two things that female hormones do for people, is they reduce libido, and they shrink the size of your genitals. For me, that's a dream come true. But I know if you are a man, that wouldn't exactly be an ideal situation.

I'm not saying your feelings toward your genitals are the whole picture. But I find they are a good starting place for a lot of people's thinking. Becoming a woman means losing a lot of things; that is simply one of them. For some of us, it can also mean gaining a lot of things. The ability to make love to another person in a way that's satisfying and natural for the first time in your life, for instance. For me the trade off is definitely worth it.

You don't need to see a therapist or get medical help to dress up though. Or even to role play the fantasy of being a woman during sex. If you have the money, you can even get some breast forms. And if you have any friends that are good with drag, it might be worthwhile to get one of them to help you out. Have fun :slight_smile:

If you get on youtube, there is someone that identifies as a man called "Gregory Gorgeous". He can pull off amazing drag and has feminine mannerisms down pat. And his fashion sense is just impeccable. I hate his guts because he can eat anything he wants to without gaining weight EVER. Like he will literally spray whipped cream in his mouth during youtube videos. UGH. But I can recommend him highly if you are looking to just expand your horizons a little.

#4 Just Jess, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  5. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Plus you have to keep in mind the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can be both gay and trans. Or some other complicated variation. I think of myself as a "male", but I don't strictly think of myself as a "guy" or as strictly masculine most of the time. Confusing right? Well you kind of have to feel your way through some things. It's tricky, and you're the only one who knows you so you have to ask yourself if you've always felt like you're in the wrong body or not. That assessment doesn't involve stereotypical gender role behavior either. Lot's of people are gender nonconformists but not trans. Identity is really complicated and you're gonna need to meditate on who you believe you are for a while.

6. miscast62

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm new here and I don't have a helpful suggestion for you Mottec, sorry. I just wanted to mention what a friendly and wonderfully helpful group everyone seems to be here. The thought and feeling written into some responses is simply amazing. In short I'm very happy to have found this place. People like Cassie, Fairlyfey and others write from their hearts... Best of luck to you Mottec..