1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transcenter

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by opti, Apr 3, 2013.

1. opti

so i had a meeting at a transgender center this morning in chicago which is a really far drive. i slept like 3 hrs and hit the roads as myself. which is actually the first time cuz i been isolating myself. i was asked do u feel passable and i said no cuz i dont. they really pushed it on me like confidence is a big part of that even if u fake it, when you act like something is off it draws negative attention. all day i didnt get one rude comment and didnt catch ppl staring at me like a freak or nothing. i even stopped at a few places for coffee or to stretch..

it was the first time i really sat down and had a heart to heart with someone i can relate too... so hopefully here comes the sun (and rainbows for my friends) even tho i know theres a little more downhill before it all gets better..
    but really the worst part of my day was breaking my nail lmao

i feel a relief for once in a long long time, wtf am i passable or not lol i keep looking in the mirror idk do ppl know? i dont exactly have the voice part down but i can bring my tone up enough that there is no base so at most they might question that, but am unsure

#1 opti, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  2. nikom87

Wow this is great! I'm so happy for you. You took a huge step towards where you want to go, that takes so much strength. You should feel proud of yourself. Keep it up!

3. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Congratulations dear (*hug*):kiss::kiss: it is amazing :eusa_clap

4. June Cleaver

I so wish I was even where you are! I am so happy for you! I think you look great! June

5. slTheresa

Good for you! Confidence is important, and it will build more with time. Passing.... transsexuals want their gender reflected back to them by other people and generally don't want to be laughed at or stared at so how we look and sound is important to us. But not passing should not stop you from being you! some of us don't as pass as well as others. I know that I don't, but I am still me, I am comfortable and confident with myself and identity and for the most part my being trans is a non-issue with others. There have been incidents like being laughed, annoying and people can be jerks, but I am not afraid of them, they don't stop me, and they can't change who I am. So for the most part on the rare occasion that happens its just not a big deal.