1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by carpenter33, Apr 4, 2013.

1. carpenter33

Hi. I'm confused about my gender. I don't like going hunting or fishing or anything like that. I like to play with my llittle pony stuff. I'm not into guy stuff at all. Any comments?

2. slTheresa

Your a guy that does not like to hunt or fish or any guy stuff. Nothing to be confused about.

3. Just Jess

Hi carpenter33!

There's four parts to gender. There's orientation, identity, presentation, and physical.

Physical gender is usually classified one of four ways. They are male, female, agender, and intersex.

Now think about a frog, and a tadpole. If you look at it halfway through, there's places where you can't say it's definitely a frog or a tadpole. But if you look at it all grown up, you can say oh yeah, that's definitely a frog and not a tadpole. Make sense? So each of those four physical gender categories is a little like that.

Identity is how who you are between the ears relates to those categories. Most people are pretty close to being definitely one of those things, but almost no one fits exactly in one of those buckets.

The stuff you're talking about is more gender roles, or presentation. A lot of people that know they are boys love MLP:FIM, and even cross dressing. Presentation is all about what you show to the world.

And finally there is orientation, or who you are attracted to. And here some people like to divide a little further. There's romantic attraction and sexual attraction. You ever hear of the game "marry, meet, make out" ? Marry is romantic attraction and make out is sexual attraction.

Hope that helped!

#3 Just Jess, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013