1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused, need advice!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cardshark, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Cardshark

Hogwarts (Mentally) Springfield (Physically)
    I'm not sure whether I am a transgendered person or not. I like being a boy. I'd rather be a boy than a girl. People have to call me Dylan, but I insist that it's a girl's name as well as a boy's. But I'm not sure whether or not there is more to it than that, because I would rather be a boy sometimes, but not all the time, but it's usually for reasons other than what I feel inside. For reasons like, "girls get x privilege.

Any help?

2. CircusBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why do you insist that Dylan is also a girl's name? Is it because it bothers you when people think that, because of your name, you're a guy? Or is it because you're protecting yourself from the implications of telling people you want a guy's name?

Wanting the perks of being a girl doesn't make you a girl. For example, I really appreciate the fact that as a haver-of-ovaries, I'm allowed to talk to small children without people assuming I'm a pedophile. And if I turn out to be a guy (not sure what I am), I'd miss that. But that wouldn't mean I wasn't a guy.

Being trans isn't about liking the perks of being a guy or a girl. It's about who you ARE. Inside. And if inside, you feel like a guy, then you're a guy.

#2 CircusBear, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  3. Cardshark

Hogwarts (Mentally) Springfield (Physically)
    Well, I just don't want the kids at my school to have more of a reason to make fun of me, plus, if it weren't for mt insisting that, my mom wouldn't let anyone call me Dylan.

And about the other stuff you said, I get what you mean. Because, I feel like a guy most of the time, but, like you said, being a girl has perks.

Thank you. I'll do some meditation and soul-searching about it. Thank you.