1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats wrong with me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by incorrect, Apr 19, 2013.

1. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, im new here and i I have a bit of an issue and I'm not quite sure how to handle it. Ok umm not sure how to start this but. Ok im a male but for as long as I can remember i've always felt like a girl, I know its not a kink thing or a turn on of any kind but I just feel like I was ment to be female ive always loved girly things clothes, colors, make up shopping, ect. I dont get me wrong I love working on my truck shooting and other "manly" things as well but body wise i've always felt wrong I guess, when I was little I looked exactly like a girl long hair, dressed girly I had a more feminine body and voice then other boys. And even then I was confused about who I realy was everyone mistook me for a girl except my family. When I was little I was even raped and I can remember the disgusting pig saying "that's a good girl your such a good girl" I've never told anybody that and I understand its a little off topic but to get the point across as clearly as I can it needed to be said. I feel so out of place my wife of 5 years has no idea about this even though she knows I like to wear womens clothing. Ive never had the guts to tell her or anyone else for that matter that I feel like I was ment to be a girl. I like girls but i've also had tons of crushes on boys too. I have never acted on how I feel about boys but I fantasize about them not only sexually but kissing, taking me out to a movie, dinner cuddling. I honestly believe nobody would belive me If I told them the truth because I always thought there was just something wrong with me so in order to hide it I cut my hair let my facial hair grow out and I messed around with every girl I laid eyes on. To the point my friends called me a man ho. I do love women. I love my wife. But I dont feel like I was ment to be a guy. Please help any advice, comments, anything that can give me some insight am I transgender am I gay bi is there something wrong with me . What do I do

2. Eliza

Eliza Guest

There is nothing wrong you. You may be trans, you may be bi, you may be gay.

Your gender identity is separate from your sexual orientation. You can be a transwoman who's attracted to women; I have met such women.

Your story about your sexual assault made me choke up. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Have you thought about seeing a trans-friendly therapist? They could help you sort out your feelings.

Also, have you seen this article in Cosmo? "My First Year As A Woman." If you do decide to transition, your wife may be supportive.

Take care of yourself.

3. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you for your reply
    I honestly feel like I was ment to be a woman, and at several points in my life though about srs but I dont think I would be I guess "attractive" to myself or others seeing as my current body build is no longer as feminine as it was due to an accident when I was younger that caused me to bulk up so to speak.

I actually have thought about seeing someone about it but im not to sure my family would understand seeing as they have all known me to be one way all my life. Im not even sure how I would tell anyone.

Thank you for the link I will defiantly check that out. And I apologize that made you choke up that was not my intention by any means. I apreciate your compasion

4. Eliza

Eliza Guest

Don't apologize, it's fine!

Many transwomen struggle with feeling "unattractive" by conventional beauty standards, as do many cis women. Unfortunately, it's part of being a woman in our society. It doesn't make your gender identity any less legitimate. I recently read an article by a transwoman who talked about how she came to terms with beauty culture; maybe you'll find it helpful:

10 Things I Wish I'd Known When I Started My Transition.

5. June Cleaver

Your story is close to mine and I am a transwoman. I just never will be a lesbian, I like men too much! I sure wish I had known 20 years ago about surgery and that I was not just a gay guy. Just go with it and enjoy life. June

6. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you both so much! I have spent what feels like eternity with this just bottled up and truthfully I just started openly wearing girls clothes around my wife about a month ago maybe this is a stepping stone to eventualy telling her and everyone else the truth and hopefully everyone will acept me for who I realy am. Just posting this was hard but even now it feels like a huge weight has been lifted.

7. Ticklish Fish

comments in bold
    PS. i forget to keep track of threads i reply sometimes, so forgive me if that happens

8. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    @ ticklish fish
    Shopping as in clothes shoes, underwear, pants, ect i shop because i like it more than other things if i had to choose between going to a football game or go shopping. my response SHOPPING! YAY! LOL
    And yes I do love art but I was more literally talking about colors pink, lavender, ect
    I dont wear make up but I have before eye liner mascara foundation lip gloss not lipstick the ability to hide any imperfections in my face is wonderful
    I can remember feeling I wasnt right as early as age 3 when in day care I would rather play with barbies with the other girls then play the boys
    Thought I made it clear that wearing girls clothes wasnt a fetish or turn on, I wear it because its comfortable and it feels right. I feel uncomfortable wearing mens clothes. When I wear womens clothing I feel like these are the clothes im supposed to be wearing
    Lol I actually have 3 children I never was much for condoms if there was a birth control for guys I would likely take it.

On the whole transgender thing I can only speak for myself and even then im like REALY new to this and I guess coming out on here im just startig to accept that im probably trans but for me when I get aroused yes my penis does annoy me A LOT! even when im not aroused it annoys me it doesnt feel like it should be there and would I rather have boobs and a vagina yes. I mean like it already feels like they (boobs and vagina) are missing. I cant even begin to tell you how many times i've gone to bed and wished I would wake up the right gender. But sadly every morning Id wake up disappoited

9. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, hello and welcome! I haven't met you before so I thought that I'd bring that up.

I wanted to say that your story is quite relatable. I like target shooting, paintball, and many other "manly" things. Im always going to be tomboyish so I can totally relate to you there. I'm glad that you're more comfortable after posting this and you sound like a nice person. I'll see you around (*hug*)

10. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    @spitfirexsoarin
    Thank you its very comforting to know im realy not the only one like this I mean yeah I've heard about transgender in results to trying to find out why I always felt different, but I never imagined the would be an actual site where you could speak with other people dealing with the same thing and get advice and talk about what your feeling. Im happy I found this place

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2013 at 04:28 PM ----------

Oh and thanks for the smiley hug ♡♥♡♥♡