1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still learning about myself

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by incorrect, Apr 24, 2013.

1. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So in the last thread I posted I was trying to wrap my head around what was wrong with me and thanks to the people who responded I've realized there its nothing wrong with me (well except my body doesn't match my mind lol) so this is my official coming out that I'm a transgendered (I think that's the right word) mtf and I've actually kinda came out to my wife in a sense not totally but i have told her I'm very feminine she even took me for my first mani/pedi and tonight bought me some pink fuzzy pants lol yay :slight_smile:. But where do I go from here I was thinking about fully telling here but I don't think she's ready to hear that and even if she does accept it what do I do get srs? I think that would be hard for her to handle she is bi but she leans more to guys. And she likes my (ughm) gear. IM happy knowing what I am and feel I've calmed down slot since I accepted myself for who I am I just don't know what to do . Any way what do I do from here I want to be who I truly feel like but I don't want to hurt the people I care about in the process.

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weigh the pros and cons.

How much dysphoria do you feel? Do you think you can be happy without transitioning? Or is it more a matter of now or later?

You're lucky your wife is bi, that gives you a better chance. Still, as you've recognized, it would be an adjustment for her. But on the other hand, true intimacy depends on honesty. Even if you don't transition, you should probably tell her.

3. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I suppose your right I should just be straight with her ( no pun intended) it is just hard to believe that she would be "fine" with it she's told me several times she would flip if I was gay that she couldn't handle the thought of me leaving her for a guy.I have no intent of leaving her at all I love her to much .if she left me I would certainly transition and try to have the surgery but for her happiness if she wanted me to keep my current genitalia I would no matter if I like it or not funny cause I've always prided myself on how honest I was with everyone.yet I never told them how I feel

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2013 at 08:52 PM ----------

PS to be perfectly honest I'm scared to death this has been my biggest secret all my life and she was really surprised to hear me say I was feminine. Because of my build, attitude, way I talk everything I'm fat from that little boy everyone used to mistaken for a girl. I spent years hiding how I truly felt and to say the least I had everyone fooled

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2013 at 08:53 PM ----------

Supposed to say far not fat

4. Niko

I'd tell her, it's something very important that you can't keep it hidden away from her forever. Asides, you're not coming out as gay. In fact you'll never be a gay man because you're not a man if you feel like a woman trapped in a guy's body. You're coming out to her as female; and I do believe it's something she needs to know. I know I would tell my partner that I was trans* in the beginning of the relationship. And if I were in her shoes I'd like to know that about my significant other. I understand that you just figured this out, so you need to make sure she knows that too. So it doesn't seem like you've kept this major secret locked up inside you for all of these years. :slight_smile:

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you know for sure you're gynephilic (attracted to women) then tell her that. If her main worry is you leaving her, that should be reassuring.

6. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    IM definitely attracted to women I've only had dentists about guys never acted on any of them. I wouldn't leave her and have no intention of ever doing so. I'm worried she wouldn't understand or accept it and leave me. But I guess that's her right she thought she was marrying a guy not a girl stuck in a guys body. Idk the anxiety is killing me on this.

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2013 at 12:20 PM ----------

Fantasys not dentist