1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Signals

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wholockian, May 6, 2013.

1. Wholockian

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, I'm 15 and recently I've been questioning my sexuality, mostly because I realised I haven't 'fancied' anyone for a long time, not since primary school anyway, and that wasn't serious.
    At first I considered that I may be asexual, but soon ruled that out; I am attracted to some people and can feel sexually towards them, if you know what I mean.
    Then, I considered me being a lesbian or at least bi. I have found women as well as men attractive for as long as I can remember, and have always had at least one really close friend who is a girl. I am attracted to both male and female celebrities, but I am not sure whether celebrities count towards sexual orientation.
    I have always felt more comfortable with girls, and although I can converse with males I have no male friends at all. The thought of sex with a male is not a nice one at all, the thought of sex with a female is scary but not at all disgusting; I think it'd be nice. In real life, I have no crushes but I notice girls more and I can feel attraction towards them. I'm not looking for a plain answer, I know there isn't one, but some guidance would be nice. I've come here for help. :slight_smile:

2. sillyolme

Hmm, maybe you just get Aesthetically attracted to guys? So biromantic homosexual?

3. Wholockian

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for replying :slight_smile:
    Yeah, that does make sense, I'm just not sure what to make of it is all. :slight_smile:

4. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you sound a lot like me, apart from that I've lately also started identifying as trans.
    But for the rest, you're pretty much the same... I have now settled on bi for the time being, but actually that's me saying "I haven't got a fucking clue". I mostly notice guys. they catch my attention a lot more and I think with almost any "Oooh, he's hot!"
    With girls, though, I only notice the really attractive ones or the ones that have the 'right' vibe around them, if you get what I mean. Also does the thought of having 'normal' penis-vagina sex kind of scare me. I always told myself that had to do with age, with me being young, etc. but I'm 18, and still feel like this. I don't lack a sexual desire though, and I don't consider myself asexual (though it DID cross my mind)

You know, while typing this I actually had a small 'revelation'! I once read somewhere that (straight) women notice pretty women, or women in general a lot more, as for each woman is a potential 'threat' to her future partner (both 'hunt' on the same 'game'), and that she only notices the men that are attractive to her (physically or mentally), the (straight) man on the other hand doesn't notice all these pretty women at all (at least if he's happy with his current one), and visa versa.
    So I figured that would actually mean, trans or not, that I AM attracted to (mainly?) girls.