1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I transgender or gender queer?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Justme19, May 8, 2013.

1. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

I dont feel like I'm the opposite gender like trapped at all. I don't fit as a ultra feminine girl. My feminine side is deeply tied with my flirty side and attracting men.also if I really am bigender am I included as lgbt or just straight who's different?

2. Lykos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just because you aren't very feminine doesn't mean you aren't a girl. Individuals with gender dysphoria are transgender; if you do not have gender dysphoria, you are not trans. I'm not very knowledgeable on bigender, gender queer, etc. so I can't be of assistance there, though I would assume you are included under the LGBT umbrella.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Au contraire, Lykos. Saying that a trans* individual must have gender dysphoria to be "real" invalidates the gender identities of many who perhaps are perfectly fine with their physical bodies but would prefer to be seen as the gender they identify with.

Justme, please elaborate. What makes you feel you might be trans*?

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless you feel that you'd prefer to physically be some other-sexed body than yours, I'd say you're just a tomboyish girl.

As for genderqueer, do you occasionally feel like you embrace manliness in some way? If you sort of flip-flop around gender expectations like that, it might be okay to call yourself genderqueer.

5. Niko

You don't need dysphoria to be trans*. There's no such thing as not being trans* enough.

But you don't explain yourself enough for us to really help you out with the labels. So please go ahead and tell us what you're going through and how you really feel. :slight_smile:

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

See, Justme, before you reply, I'd just like to say, your gender expression is your right and yours alone. No one can define how you feel, though it's important to educate yourself and get a few perspectives. Give yourself time. Don't feel like you must jump to any conclusions right now, but explore yourself.

7. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

Bigender is a form of being transgender that's why I asked. It seems it is gender queer as well to me...

I don't feel like a man in a woman's body though.
    I have struggled with being ok with being a girl. My feminine side is like very provocative. I know this guy who was a prostitute and very femme all around but would wear a dress and high heals and make up when he was in that persona of trying to attract other men but normally he was in male clothing and had short hair and represented as a femme dude. Well that's a lot like where I find myself. Only thing is I am not as feminine as he was like with hair or clothing. I have no interests in those type of things. I do like make up though. But it's like my mind is more neutral male than anything. I wish I weren't small delicate but guys like it so I guess it's a good thing. I wish I had a penis but I'd never want to give up my C-cup boobs. I've honestly wished when I was a 12 that I was a boy and have since I started puberty I was 7 back then I felt like a freak. Everyone else was little but I was a big woman and all I wanted was to be what I was before a child. I was also a tomboy as a child but my mom suppressed this. When I was 12 to 14 I thought for a while that I felt like I was a boy but then when I was 14 I felt like its not what I want but at least I got appreciation from the opposite sex. I started wearing make up the next year a lot. My boobs and face have been the only things I like about my body. I like being pretty sometimes. But other times I just feel like a grungy boy. I always dress either masculine completely or neutrally. When I got ultra feminine it's only to attract and I feel insecure and uncomfortable like I'm just trying to hide.

A lot of the time I feel like I'm just a gay guy but then when I'm like at certain times of the month I feel like I'm totally opposite but its all like just built off a sexual side of me I can't feel not horny and feminine at the same time it seems.

Like my voice is a good example of me. I sound like a young boy on the male side naturally but my voice can sound like a very feminine girl's or when I sing. Like I feel like a guy but its not a deep urge and I'm not very male I'm more neutral male that I can make myself femme and or more femme and not feel terrible about it.

8. Just Jess

It sounds like you've given this a lot of thought and you know yourself pretty well so far. If you ever want to identify as LGBT without having to explain yourself further, you can always use the simple label "queer" and not go any further than that. And of course, "genderqueer" like you have suggested works too if you want to be more specific. You never have to tell anyone anything you don't want to.

If you meet a boy you like and you're worried about the relationship long term, it might be enough to explain you have a strong masculine side you're exploring. Just explain that you're not into other girls (if you aren't, I don't mean to assume) 'cause you know how boys get ideas. Some straight boys would even love to have a partner that's female a lot of the time and can be more male in the bedroom.

I can relate a little as far as why you wouldn't want to lose your breasts. Part of me doesn't want to lose a lot of muscle mass. I've been on more of a veggie diet (I do still eat meat just not as much) and I've probably lost a little mass already along with the rest of the weight. My arms feel lighter and look smaller. But I can actually do pull ups more easily, and I still do my weights just as well as always, and being fit was really why I liked having muscles. I just want to be able to be able to run and eat tasty food without worrying is all. But my tummy shrinks and my metabolism stays up just fine with smaller arms so I'm happy. But that was the one thing I really liked about my male body.

9. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

I'm attracted to guys. I've never had a strong desire to girls. I am attracted to guys and have always felt closer to them. And I'm always as far as sexually I'm a lot more like a guy. I'm more talking about in my regular life though in fantasies and regular dreams I'm a guy rarely a girl.

10. Niko

It kind of sounds like you could be an androgynous person (someone who does not fit into binary male or female gender roles, and may possess traits that are simultaneously feminine, masculine, or neither. )

11. Candace

Femininity and gender don't go hand in hand. That's why I am not "girly acting" even though I am gay. That's why I don't like people assuming that gay people are all feminine. Anything is possible, since orientation is a very fluid thing.

12. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

The thing with me I can be feminine completely at times but other times I'm a total neutral male. I am only both at times when I'm what I want to be it seems.

13. Just Jess

I guess a good question to ask yourself, well two,

On a 1 to 10, 1 is girly and 10 is boyish. How are you comfortable acting?

And same scale, if you gained the ability to shape shift, and when you relaxed and let go and just became your true self again, how much of a man or woman would that true self be?

---------- Post added 8th May 2013 at 11:26 PM ----------

Multi-quote don't fail me now.

Ugh this is the dumbest stereotype. And really it cuts both ways. It really sucks for basically everyone. Cis girls are expected to like guys. Guys are who us trans people have to impress if we wanna pass, even if we like other girls. Guys who act girly are expected to like guys. And liking guys is a weird step toward femininity to some people.

I mean it makes no sense. Isn't the whole point to a gay relationship, you know, that there isn't a girl in the relationship? Or in my case, no boy in the relationship?

14. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

I wrote it all down I land as a 6.121 when I'm myself.

When its to attract guys and I try to be feminine it's 3.07.

I can present as if I'm a 1. Because my body is very femme. And even when I'm masculine it only looks as though I'm a 3 maybe rarely a 4.

15. Just Jess

Wow it sounds like you whipped out a calculator for that! You sound really literal minded like I am. I'd probably have made lists and assigned weights too.

Well I mean the point is though, how you act and how you are are two different things. I mean they're really closely related and it's hard to separate the two.

I think maybe an example might help me say what I'm trying to say. I'm wearing a necklace with a butterfly charm. I'm wearing it for two reasons.

One, it makes me feel more feminine and helps me see the girl inside when I look in the mirror. That's expression. I know what girls are supposed to look like, and I know a boy wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like that.

Two, it has a very deep personal meaning to me. The last few months I've felt like a butterfly struggling to make her way out of a cocoon. That's identity. It's part of who I am.

That's all I think there is to gender really, who you are, and what you want to show to the world.

16. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

Yeah well I wear jeans constantly and like hoodies with dark colors because that's what I could get away with with my mom. But I now I'm free to do what I want. I like short hair for the same purpose.
    My shoulder to waist ratio is what I always look at because its the one thing like male physiques in its own small level. Most girls don't have broader shoulders than their hips and waiste. If I were and big boned I could wear a binder and voila my body would look a lot like other male's. but anyway when I look in the mirror I stare at my shoulders because its the one thing I can claim.
    Also I sometimes feel like ill bloom into an ultra femme if I try harder.

17. Just Jess

It's way cool to have a little bit of range like that. You know there are models that can model clothing for both men's and women's clothing out there?

Femme takes a lot of work I found. But I've met guys that pull it off better than either me or my cis GF on our girliest days.

18. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

That's the thing I can never be that feminine. On the outside and I can make my voice baby soft but the way I act its just not like some girls. It seems like they're so completely soft. And that's what their interests their approaches and the like. I was always different.

19. Just Jess

I know what you mean. Some times the person you are inside just needs a chance to come out. It kinda sucks the way we're expected to act some times.

Well heck since it looks like I get to be the first person to say it, welcome to EC!

20. Justme19

Justme19 Guest

And it seems its really going to take time for that to happen honestly.

Thank you :slight_smile: