1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AydentheLostOne, May 10, 2013.

1. AydentheLostOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the longest time, I was a "tomboy". I was.. I grew up as a boy, in boy clothes, with a boy attitude, hating everything feminine. I've never worn make up.

At the beginning of February I thought I was genderqueer. I started to dress more adrogynously. However, I noticed I leaned towards the masculine side.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm pretty confident I'm a boy trapped in this female body. However, some days I feel as though I'm too feminine acting to ever be a boy. I'm not sure what this means- I'm not sure if it's me, or my insecurities talking. I just don't know where to go from here, considering that, growing up as a female for thirteen years of my life, it's hard to imagine myself transitioning to Ayden. You know?

I feel extreme body dysphoria on a daily basis. I feel extremely better about myself when I bind my chest. I'm not sure if I'm fully ftm, or if I'm just trans-masculine (still not sure what that term means, exactly). I just, I know I'm comfortable with male pronouns, but only sort of uncomfortable with female pronouns.

I just don't know who I am, and I want to know. I feel as though I'm Ayden, but my body is making me doubt myself.

2. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Though I am no expert, doing feminine things does not make you female. Doing masculine things does not make you male. Just try to be yourself, and see if that self is male.

3. Exoskeleton

In my opinion, if female pronouns bring you any amount of discomfort when male ones don't, then go by male ones.

If you feel like Ayden, be Ayden.

Be yourself, regardless of how masculine or feminine you are.

I know labels can bring you comfort, but does it really matter if you're genderqueer or transmasculine? You're Ayden. You're full of deep and wonderful intricacies yet to be discovered. Express yourself however makes you the most comfortable. Don't let anybody (even yourself) tell you that you are too feminine or too masculine to be any certain thing, because all you really need to be is yourself.

(&&&)